Monday, September 24, 2012

Feeling Good

This past week I finally dropped below my lowest weight on the juice fast. Sure, it was only by 0.7lbs, but it was still below! I was stoked. Today was another weigh-in day. I was a bit nervous because a) I'd been to a KC style bbq restaurant the day before and gorged on meat, glorious meat; b) it's that time of the month and c) I didn't get a lot of exercise in the past few days. I was pleasantly surprised to find I was only back up to my lowest weight on the juice fast. Pretty good I think.

I'm really enjoying my eating program. Eating mainly fruits and veggies (fruit only in the mornings), no grains, and then once every 2-3 days having a bit of protein and cheese. It's working. It's easy to follow. I like it. I picked up some venison at the farmer's market on Sunday. Looking forward to grilling that tomorrow night. I'm loving that spring is finally here and the days are getting warmer.

One of the guys at work today was incredibly sweet and made a special trip downstairs to bring me a piece of his son's birthday cake. I was on a conference call, but had to tell him while I appreciated his kindness, I don't eat grains anymore and couldn't eat the cake. After my call I went up to chat with him. He's one of the guys I normally bake cookies for. I just wanted to make sure he wasn't offended at all, but of course, being the great guy he is, he wasn't fussed at all. It was great to be able to laugh and joke. He was amazed I have the willpower to bake for others and not eat any of it. To be honest, it just doesn't even sound good anymore.

Well, that's really all the news that is fit to print. Hope everyone's juicing journey is going well!

This update was brought to you by the letter M and the number 2.

2 Comments:

At September 27, 2012 4:59 AM, Anonymous Debbie said...

Hi Sarah! Well, I did what I set out to do on July 20, 2012...now the challenge of daily eating again. I chose 11 days of veggie smoothies in the blender, then 59 days of juicing only, and last night I began my plan of 10 days of veggie/juice smoothies in the blender to end my juice feast. I added 1 apple to a jar of juice in the blender. Yum! A bit more poo but no distress. I plan to add 1 veggie item to one of my juices each day in the blender to work back up to full veggie smoothies (blended salads/soups). I was a nutritarian (Dr. Furhman's Eat to Live) for a year before my feast and will continue that but with much more juicing and blended salads this year. I went cold turkey into E2L, gave up sugar, caffeine, processed foods, salt, and animal products in one day and never looked back. I did the same for my juicing - no bites whatsoever. I want longevity and good health and aim to continue putting in the effort to gain them both. Good Luck and continued good health Sarah. Thanks for blogging. I am still here as well.

 
At September 28, 2012 5:40 PM, Blogger BH said...

Hi Debbie,

I'm not Sarah, but thank you so much for your comment. :-)

Congratulations on your juice fast! Sounds like you have had a fantastic journey. Well done on completing your juice fast and slowly weaning yourself back onto foods. I hope that it goes as smoothly as it has thus far!

Please keep me posted on you go! As of this morning, I am 1lb...one measly pound away from 60. That will be a massive milestone and I can't wait to hit it!

Cheers,
Annika

 

Post a Comment

<< Home