Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Day 45

Today was day 45. I'm not going to lie, I am struggling today.

I thought this would all be over by now. Last night was lovely. Didn't leave work until 8pm, but was then out with friends who asked what I was doing and were fine with me standing on my soapbox pontificating about the benefits of juicing. I felt really good.

Last night I didn't sleep well. I was freezing. Normally I run hot so it's really strange for me. Keep in mind most apartments in New Zealand don't have any insulation, double glazing and certainly no central heating. I was in bed under a light blanket, duvet and wearing my big warm bathrobe and still freezing. Put on some fleece trousers and wrapped myself in a cocoon of another duvet under all the blankets. Then I couldn't fall asleep! It was horrendous.

I woke up not feeling well. Wee cough and congestion. Plus feeling cranky. Couldn't find a ring a dear friend had given me (finally found tonight - whew!). Back to back meetings all day long. Caught up with a dear friend only to find he's moving away back to London in a few weeks. Meetings all afternoon as well. Finally called it a day at 6pm and went to the organic market. They didn't have any celery or any kale. Had my hands full of bags and dropped my book in the one part of the pavement that was still wet from the rain earlier. Just one of those days.

I'm also really craving proteins. The past few weeks I've been spending my time figuring out all the great healthy veggie recipes I'm going to be making once I can eat again. I do want to eat and can't wait to again, but it hasn't been a biggie. Today though, today I'm craving meat or fish or eggs or some form of protein.

I'm guessing this is the latest round of detoxing as well. Probably doesn't help anything. I'm not going to stop and I am thrilled about how all this is going. Today is just a tough day and it is unexpected at this late stage.

This too shall pass.

This moment of frustration was brought to you by the letter F and the number 45.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home