Sunday, September 02, 2012

Post Juice Fast World

Well, I did it. I made it the 60 days. It was an incredible journey. I've now entered the weaning back onto solids phase. Total weight lost after this 60 day journey and a weekend of weaning back onto solids: 57.2lbs/26kgs.

Thursday night, the night of day 60, I soaked about 8-10 prunes in water overnight. The next day I drank a glass of the water that had been used for soaking. It tasted really sweet. I had that in addition to continuing to juice. Felt good with no side effects. That night I drove up to Bulls to spend the weekend with some good friends. Luckily, the people whose house we were staying in had a juicer so I didn't have to pack mine.

Saturday morning I made a vegetable soup in the slow cooker and put it on low to cook all day. Through in all sorts of veggies and different seasonings. I made my juices in the morning. We spent the afternoon at the beach which was awesome. We went for a nice walk in the dunes. My friends then had a bbq and I drank my juice. Learned how to surf cast. That night we put some pork roasts on the grill, the boys filleted the fish and I had my first bowl of just broth. Oh sweet Jesus, that tasted good! I had a second bowl of just broth later that night.

Sunday morning I had a proper bowl of soup with the veggies that were well cooked for breakfast. Chewing has never been so good! I was a little paranoid about biting my cheek since it had been so long, but it was all good. Stopped by the farmers' market on the way home and stocked up on veggies. Made some roasted veggies with parsnips, kumara, broccoli, cauliflower, onion, garlic and lots of different seasoning. Also made pumpkin soup. Had a few of the roasted veggies late in the afternoon and then later a bowl of the soup. Everything tasted heavenly!

It doesn't take much to fill the stomach these days. Need to be sure I keep it that way. Now that I'm eating again, it's going to be a matter of portion control. Plus, it just tastes so good to eat I need to make sure I listen to my body. I also plan on continuing to juice once or twice per day, though I didn't have any on Sunday.

It was awesome to have such positive reinforcement from my friends this weekend. They hadn't seen me since our trip to Africa in May. To have lost so much weight in such a short time has been fantastic. Everyone was so happy for me and just blown away. It felt really good. I was looking through the photos from our weekend and it's so nice to see myself at such a smaller size. More please! :-)

Looking forward to the next challenge of continuing to lose more whilst eating again.

This moment of celebration was brought to you by the letter J and the number 60.

1 Comments:

At September 05, 2012 7:08 PM, Blogger Theresa said...

Congrats! Been thinking of you and wondering how post-juice life is going! Glad it is going well and you are continuing to juice as well. Keep up the great work!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home