Monday, August 27, 2012

Day 57

Today was day 57. I started the day with a hot yoga class at 6:30am. Turns out, that is a bad idea after having done a water fast the day before. Thought I was going to pass out multiple times. Spent a lot of time in child's pose. Lesson learned.

This morning was also weigh-in day. I'm now down 55.4lbs/25.18kgs. Super stoked about that. I had hoped to reach 30kgs, but odds are that isn't going to happen by the time my 60 days are up. That said, I'm so chuffed about the loss!

Here are the 10 things that come to mind regarding what I love about my new self:

1. It's awesome to have a jaw line again.
2. Having great energy throughout the day without that mid-afternoon slump.
3. Starting to get prominent cheekbones
4. Liking what I see when I look in the mirror
5. Super soft skin
6. Having confidence when I go out
7. Far less pain in my joints
8. Sleeping through the night
9. Old clothes that were too small, now being too big
10. How proud I feel of myself, my commitment and my success

Don't think I mentioned this little gem of a story before. Last week sometime I had a bunch of veggies all over the counter. I typically wash everything when I bring it home from the store except the spinach/bok choy/wong bok. I made all my juices and then started to clean up. That's when I noticed it - the slug. It was hanging out on my countertop, slowly moving along, leaving its little slime trail behind. After doing my little girl freak out dance, I ended up putting him in a tissue and taking him out to my balcony. I walked back inside and then realised I had already made my juices. Sure hoping he didn't have any friends that made their way into that juice. This will forever more be known as the slug incident.

I'm really looking forward to eating again. Have been reading the book TurboCharged and can't wait to start following their eating program and continuing to juice once I am back on solid food. Soon, so very soon!

This moment of joy is brought to you by the letter J and the number 57.

2 Comments:

At August 28, 2012 4:14 AM, Blogger Theresa said...

Way to go! The slug juice made me laugh! Added protein! You can do it -- 3 days left! So proud of you!

 
At August 29, 2012 2:36 AM, Blogger BH said...

Thanks so much Theresa! I can't believe it's almost the end.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home