Thursday, August 09, 2012

Day 40

Today a friend back home who just started her juicing journey asked where I was on the weight loss. It's not my normal day to weigh myself. However, I did so for her. After 39 days I am down 42.4lbs/19.27kgs. Finally broke the 40lb mark! Seems appropriate since today is Day 40. So utterly thrilled with that number.

I've started walking almost every day whilst at work. It makes such a difference in my mental health to get out of the office during the day. Unfortunately, that included being out in the pissing rain and cold twice this week. Still, it feels good to move.

Yesterday I only had four juices. I've pretty much been having 5 since I started. I just wasn't in the mood for a 5th yesterday which was extra surprising considering I've been working out. I've also eliminated my morning fruit drink except once or twice per week. Maybe my body is telling me it just doesn't need all those calories anymore.

Everyone around me at work is sick at the moment. I always had a weak immune system and usually by now I would have caught a cold or the flu. I think since I have all these minerals and vitamins in the my system and since I'm doing healthy things for my body it just isn't going to cave this time. I love it!

Had another massage again today. Once again my massage therapist is amazed and thrilled at the changes in my body. She just can't get over how great it is. I love all the positive reinforcement. :-) It was pretty weird today - she was doing some serious work on my neck and tops of shoulders. When I went to turn over I totally had the taste of my mom's chili in my mouth. She died over 12 years ago so it's been a long time since I've had that flavour. Strange how we store certain things in our bodies!

Someone recommended oil pulling to me. You're probably like me and saying "What the heck?" You can read about it here: http://www.oilpulling.com/ Decided to try it with some coconut oil this morning. It was fine. Weird, but fine. The odd thing is I have moments throughout the day where I can "taste" the oil on the sides of my tongue. I'm wondering if this is part of the detoxing it supposedly does. Will have to try it for a week to see what happens.

I can't believe there are fewer than 3 weeks left in this journey! I know that juicing will be a part of my life from now on. I can't say enough about the benefits.

This moment of joy was brought to you by the letter J and the number 40.

3 Comments:

At August 10, 2012 5:48 PM, Blogger Judy said...

Thank you for blogging about your juicing experience! I have learned so much from your thoughts and words. In particular I was struck by a previous entry, where you mention that if we have the will power for a 60 day fast, then we have the will power to eat healthy foods in the future. Thus the horrible diet/regain cycle is broken!!

Also, I loved how you wrote about juicing removes the food crutch, which means that we now have to deal with the feelings and emotions that have been hidden for so long.

Good luck on your final 20 days!

 
At August 11, 2012 8:55 PM, Blogger BH said...

Judy - thank you so much for your kind words! I used to think no one ever read my drivel, but it's nice to know that those who do find something useful. :-)

Are you juicing as well?

 
At August 13, 2012 12:45 PM, Blogger Judy said...

Yes ... I'm on Day 17!! When starting, I could not imagine going for 60 days, so talked myself into 30 days. But now, I am committed to 60, and it feels good to have 25% of the journey behind me.

Looking forward to reading about your final days!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home