Sunday, August 12, 2012

Day 43

Today is day 43. Hard to believe I am that far along in this journey! It is also weigh-in day. After 42 days I'm now down 45.4lbs/20.6kgs. I did think it would be more after exercising and doing a water fast, but I'm still happy. Just really want to break 50lbs this next week at least.

Saturday was another stunning winter day. I started my day with a hot cup of water and lemon. Then I went for a long walk along the waterfront. It was great to get out and work up a sweat in the sunshine.

I was walking to my mate who has done this juice fast before. When I was saying I wanted to lose more weight, he suggested I could do a water fast one day per week. At first I thought he was nuts and that sounds awful. However, I figure if I have the will power to only juice for 40+ days, what's one day of water only? So I did it. Saturday, despite my long walk, I did a water fast. And you know what? It wasn't that bad. It wasn't that hard. Sure, my tummy rumbled a few times, but I just kept pumping in the water and I felt fine.

Saturday afternoon I was meeting up with a friend to enjoy the sunshine. I realised my jeans really are stupidly too big to wear. I pulled out a pair I didn't fit in before. I'm not going to lie, I was really nervous putting them on. However, those jeans are now 2" too big in the waist! Still a wee bit snug in the upper thighs, but totally comfortable to wear. SO excited by that!!

Made lemon cookies for my coworkers on Sunday. I'm still amazed how I have to stop myself from licking my fingers. The weird thing is it's not out of desire, but purely habit to do so. I find that with a lot of things right now. When I crave something bad (not very often), I realise it's because something else is going on (mentally, emotionally, etc) that I would normally react to by eating. It's nice it isn't out of any true desire to eat that stuff. However, it does make me wonder if I ever really had that desire at all or if I was just kidding myself that I did. Something to ponder I suppose.

This moment of determination was brought to you by the letter J and the number 17.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home