Monday, August 20, 2012

Day 50

Today is day 50. Holy cow! How did that happen?! Crazy to think it's gone as quickly as it has.

As of first thing this morning, after 49 days, I am down 50.6lbs/23kgs. I finally hit over 50lbs! I can't tell you how ridiculously happy that makes me. I am so chuffed that happened. I literally stood looking in the mirror today and told myself that *I* have done this. Only me. No one else. This has been all my doing and I have every right to be proud. It just feels...good...amazing...phenomenal. Next goal - 60lbs! :-)

This weekend was awesome. Beervana was on. I worked the Brewers' Guild Awards Dinner Thursday night. It was great to see all my favourite brewers again and invoke my "Hug a Brewer Day" rule. :-) It turned into a late night (midnight when I got home) and had to work the next day. One of my favourite brewers told me how fantastic I look and that I have a really healthy glow about me. It was awesome to hear. Then I worked the evening session of Beervana from 6-10. It was great to be home by 11pm and in a hot bath and then into bed.

Saturday I worked Beervana both sessions - afternoon and evening. I got to see a bunch of friends I haven't seen in ages. All of them kept talking about how skinny I am. Some even said I totally look like I'm in my element when working these events. Whilst that's true, I think it was more that I just have this glow going and they can't put their finger on what the actual change is. I'm happy, not just because I love working these events, but because I feel good.

I was even up until 5am Saturday night (something I thought I was too old for) and up at 9am to go to the markets. Had great energy the whole time.

I've noticed recently how badly others smell to me all of a sudden. It seems to be more than bad breath now. I particularly noticed this weekend with folks who had been drinking. It was beyond the usual "day after a night out on the piss" smell. It was far, far worse. I suppose that's one of the down sides of having your sense of smell return. I've also noticed even when I workout, I don't stink the way I used to. We all know our own scent and I know how I always used to smell after working out. I guess when we get rid of all those toxins we start smelling better and then notice all the toxins in everyone else.

I am so thrilled by this entire journey. I will definitely keep juicing 1-2 times per day for the rest of my life. I still can't wait to eat food again, but I'm really excited for my new, healthy future.

This moment of joy was brought to you by the letter J and the number 50.

6 Comments:

At August 20, 2012 5:10 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi! I've been following along on your journey. I did 11 days of smoothies only (no eating) and now I am on 21 days of juicing only....would you mind sharing what your juices are made of today and how much you drink everyday? Thanks and Good Health and Long Life To YOU!!

 
At August 23, 2012 12:03 AM, Blogger BH said...

Hi! Congratulations on your juice journey! Sounds like things are going well.

I typically drink 4-5 x 16-20oz juices per day. Depends on the day. When I'm on my feet all day and going out, I've had up to 7. Basically, the rule is if you are hungry and have tried water and still hungry, make a juice. There's nothing wrong with drinking more.

My juices vary each day. I do 2 "Mean Greens" per day. The others vary. Sometimes I make a "salsa" juice - tomatoes, coriander (cilantro), onion, garlic. Sometimes I make a "bruschetta" juice - tomatoes, basil, garlic. One I like is: 2 courgettes (zucchini), 2 carrots, 2 tomatoes & sometimes a couple kiwi yams. Another good one is a kumara (sweet potato), 3 carrots and an apple.

 
At August 27, 2012 8:03 AM, Anonymous Debbie said...

Thanks for sharing. I'm your anonymous above as I didn't know how to reply exactly. I'll figure it out. I just read your day 57 and am so STOKED for you....and proud too! Real Proud for you.

I am putting the best thoughts I have out into the universe that your transition back to eating and your new healthier lifestyle will be lifelong, happy, and especially healthy. Stay in touch! Debbie

 
At August 27, 2012 12:13 PM, Blogger BH said...

Thank you, Debbie! It is truly appreciated.

How is your juicing going? Have you found some flavour combinations you like? A good one in the morning is 2 mangoes, an orange and a handful of mint - delicious and refreshing.

Will definitely keep you posted on how the transition goes. I'm so excited! :-)

 
At August 27, 2012 4:22 PM, Anonymous Debbie said...

Finishing up day 28..not a bite..since July 20 (smoothies 11 days first...lost 10 lbs then..straight to juice..lost another 14..going very strong and determined...kept it very quiet and YOU are the only one to know exactly how I am doing...plus all the other ppl reading the blog LOL!! :) Life is so good. I have my moments of fearfulness about many things..but if you can do it as have many others...I continually tell myself it is a healthy way to allow my body to heal in it's own way ...so, here's to tomorrow and all the days ahead for us.. be well. Debbie

 
At August 27, 2012 11:55 PM, Blogger BH said...

That's awesome Debbie!! Way to go! So proud of you. Keep on going strong.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home