Saturday, July 21, 2012

Day 21

I'm over 1/3 of the way through now. Woohoo!

I've put on a few shirts the past couple days that used to be snug and stick to the rolls of fat in the back. They are now loose and comfortable. Also am up 4 holes in my belt since I started. I don't know how much longer I can get away with wearing these jeans as they are getting way too big even with a belt. Hopefully not much longer!

Tomorrow would normally be weigh-in day. However, I'm going to skip it this week. It's that time of the month and I don't want to be discouraged. I'd rather wait an extra week and be super pleased about the number I see then.

Yesterday I took a knotwork course. It was loads of fun to learn some new knots and to start making a rope fender for a boat. When I was a kid my dad used to teach me knots. All the ones I know are either from sailing or rock climbing. It was nice to learn some new ones and to work with my hands. I love working with my hands. They are raw and bit blistered today and I wouldn't have it any other way! Plus, yesterday was a gorgeous sunny day and the ability to sit in the sunshine in the middle of winter was so good.

Went to the Sunday markets this morning. Stocked up on more veggies and a wee bit of fruit for the week. It's funny how I no longer crave the fruit drinks at all. There have been some mornings I've been tempted to forgo the fruit one completely and just have veggies. I have been craving tomatoes like crazy though. It's a shame because they are out of season and I'm having to pay a fortune for them. They just taste so good when I do either the salsa recipe or the bruschetta recipe. Have to keep findings new recipes to keep things interesting.

Feeling pretty emotional today for some reason. I'm guessing it's all the stuff that I normally dealt with by eating. Finding new paths to tread, but it's tough today. I found this when surfing the interschnitzel - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S1ux8wbHB0I&feature=relmfu Watch both part 1 and 2. I find some comfort in knowing I'm not the only one who has difficult emotional days during this journey.

This too shall pass.

This moment of being an emotional mess was brought to you by the letter J and the number 21.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home