Monday, July 09, 2012

Day 8

Today was weigh-in day. I'm down 13.9lbs (I'm calling it 14) or just over 6kg. Not bad for a week! I'm actually now the weight I thought I originally was when I started...before stepping on the scale for the first time in years. So happy to be making progress in the right direction and no longer having to see that horrid number I did on Day 1!

Today was a bit strange. I feel like I'm starting round 2 of detox. My tongue still has a nasty coating on it and I have an almost metallic taste in my mouth. I've had this happen before when I'm detoxing heavy metals. Talk about things that shouldn't be in your system! My legs feel "heavy" today - it's almost as if I can feel the muscles and bones. I feel like things are coming out of them and contributing to that taste in my mouth.

You would think that seeing the scale would provide excellent motivation. Not the case. I struggled today when walking into the lunch room to grab more juice and seeing a bunch of leftovers from a meal that had been brought in sitting there. It all looked so good. I am longing for stir-fried vegetables or beans & rice or a salad.

I think most of it is just habit - I'm used to being able to grab one of those leftovers and eat it. I was back at my desk and really struggling with the mental game this afternoon. I realised it was just old habits and old patterns and it's time to break out of those. They'll keep rising up and I'll keep fighting them back down.

Anyway, hoping things get easier as I go.

This moment of hope was brought to you by the letter J and the number 8.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home