Thursday, July 12, 2012

Day 12

Most of today was awesome. I felt really good. My mind is clear. Still have the coating on my tongue, the congestion/post nasal drip/occasional sneezing, but feeling good. Thought I had turned the corner.

Tonight is the annual West Coast IPA Challenge at one of my favourite craft beer pubs. It is always an awesome night - lots of the brewers show, the atmosphere is great, and they serve haggis! I don't miss the drinking. That part is fine. However, I'm not going because I know I'll be tempted to eat the food. I know a lot of you think haggis is disgusting, but I absolutely love the stuff. I have it so rarely and these guys do it so well. Really struggling even as I write this.

I'm realising that really the only struggle is in my head. It's habit to go hang with my mates, have some great beers and eat bad good. It's easy. It's comfortable. It tastes good.

But that behaviour is what has led me to needing to do this. It's gotten me to the size I am today which I hate. It's only in my mind that this is difficult. If I weren't thinking about it, it wouldn't be an issue. I've worked myself into this big stress about what I "can't" have instead of focusing on what I'm gaining by doing this.

So it's off to fight the mental battle yet again, make my juice dinner, and stay off Twitter so I don't see what I'm missing.

Here's hoping tomorrow is better.

This moment of struggle was brought to you by the letter J and the number 12.

2 Comments:

At July 13, 2012 7:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am enjoying reading your blog and wanted to offer some encouragement for tonight. Remember it's not forever and maybe you can see your friends in a setting that is more comfortable for you. I'm on day 3 of a juice fast myself and am also wanting to see some friends but not wanting to deal with temptation and/or their comments/questions. Anyway, I hope you have a fun evening anyway and I'll read tomorrow to see how it goes!

 
At July 14, 2012 4:27 PM, Blogger BH said...

Thank you so much for your comment! I wish you the best of luck in your journey. It's going to be tough, but remember it is all a mental game and it does truly get better!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home