Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Day 10 - 1/6 of the way there!

Today is Day 10. The last time I did something similar (the Master Cleanse), it was only 10 days. It feels like a big milestone. The difference, of course, being that I have 50 more days to go on this one.

Last night I took a hot bath with epsom salts. Thought I'd help the detox process. I love baths so this is nothing new for me. However, when I got out of the bath and stood, I thought I was going to vomit. It's not the first time that has happened to me when doing a detox. Just loads of stuff to get out. My stomach eventually settled down and all was fine.

Still have the metallic taste in my mouth today. Hoping that goes away in the next few days, but it'll take as long as it takes. Woke up with a slightly sore throat. Have had an itchy nose/sneezing occasionally all day.

Struggling with some cravings today. Actually, I can't really even say they are cravings. My brain is just playing tricks on me so that anything and everything sounds good. It didn't help that I was hungry a lot today. I've started cutting back on the number of "fruit" juices and upping the number of veggie juices. The fruit ones are just seeming too sweet now. My taste buds are changing which is a good thing. Today I had a couple fruit ones and think my system just didn't like it. Lesson learned.

I wrote the following to someone yesterday. Thought it might help others. A friend pointed something out and it's so true - when we juice, we lose our crutch. All the "stuff" we normally "deal with" by eating, suddenly isn't being "dealt with" anymore. It comes up for us to truly work on. While it can be scary and hard, in a way it's absolutely fantastic because we can truly work through those issues properly now!

I just keep trying to remind myself why I'm doing this. Sometimes it works. Sometimes not so much. Ultimately though, another day where I won the battles.

This moment of fighting was brought to you by the letter J and the number 10.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home