Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Day 18

Yesterday I asked the nutritionist whether this juicing could impact my cycle. She said due to the reduced calories, my cycle might be delayed. I was still pretty stressed out about it. Guess what started today? Guess all is back to normal now.

The interesting thing is I have been absolutely ravenous today! I'm wondering if it's partly because I had stressed myself out so much yesterday and wasn't that hungry. Probably flooded my body with adrenalin. I still had my normal amount of juice, but a lot of it was forcing myself to drink it. I have a feeling I might have an extra juice tonight which is fine.

I thought I was over the mental battles around all this. I don't actually have any cravings. My mind is just messing with me in wanting to eat food, regardless of what it is. Just another facet of old thinking patterns I need to change.

Bit disappointed as I thought I had thing sorted with that place that delivers juices. Turns out they only make one flavour per day. Whilst they change it everyday, I think it would be pretty monotonous to drink the same thing 5 times per day. Time to find another plan.

All in all feeling good. Seems pretty standard now to just juice. My hair is glossy, my nails are growing like weeds, my skin is ridiculously soft, I'm sleeping well and I have great energy.

Almost 1/3 of the way there!

This moment of consistency is brought to you by the letter J and the number 18.

2 Comments:

At July 19, 2012 1:05 AM, Blogger Alexis said...

I've been reading through your blogs and it's very inspiring, are you just juicing 6 times a day and avoiding all solid foods? I'm thinking of starting 1st august for 30 days but taking in one solid meal or adding protein to juices after 7 days. Do I need to do this or can I just keep juicing?

 
At July 19, 2012 1:49 AM, Blogger BH said...

Hi Alexis,

I am only juicing 5-6 times per day. No solid food. Your body can actually use the proteins it already has. It is able (once the healing process starts) to distinguish between good and bad proteins. It breaks down the bad ones and keeps the good ones. If I were going for longer than 60 days I might consider it, but you should be fine for a 30 day.

The idea behind only juicing is that our digestive tracks aren't working optimally due to all the rubbish we normally put in our bodies. Therefore we don't absorb all the nutrients we should from our food. By juicing only and not putting any fiber in your system, you allow your digestive track to heal itself. Having your veggies and fruit in juice form allows all the nutrients to be directly absorbed by your body and into your bloodstream. Every time you add in a meal or even something like having a smoothie, it stops this healing process because it causes your digestive track to work.

If you want to add a solid meal you can. Just be careful after having not eaten for a time. You have to ween your body back onto food. Otherwise you can end up with some serious stomach cramps (or far worse)!

There's lots of good information on the following website: http://www.jointhereboot.com

Good luck!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home