Tuesday, July 03, 2012

Day 2

Day 2 started out well, though I woke up with the same headache I had the day before. The muscles in my neck are incredibly tight. I'm sure detoxing on top of it doesn't help the headache.

Tried some new recipes when juicing this morning. Turns out mango, strawberry and mint is AWESOME! Also really liked the pear and fennel one. Made my version of the "mean green" which wasn't as tasty, but chock full of nutrients. Might scale back on the kale next time though as that flavour really came through.

Drank lots of water throughout the day. All in all felt pretty good. Felt a bit hungry at times, but just drank juice and was fine. I tend to spread mine out throughout the day and sip them slowly. I've started pouring half servings into my glass at work so the other half stays cold while I slowly make my way through the first lot.

I did get really tired again around 3pm today. Almost fell asleep in a meeting. Had some more juice and was fine after that. Came home from work and decided to make another juice. I then went to the cinema and saw a film. Took my juice with me and while everyone else was munching on popcorn (which smelled divine!), I drank my juice. Worked really well.

I know when you start craving things while detoxing, it's actually those foods passing out of your system. The weird thing is while my initial cravings are bad things, it then turns into cravings of stir-fried veggies over brown rice or a salad or something equally healthy. I assure you, those *aren't* the foods coming out of my system right now.

Looking forward to later this week when I know from experience I'll start seeing the difference in my skin and my mental clarity. Just a few more tough days to go and then it should get pretty easy after that.

2 days down, 58 to go.

This moment of hope was brought to you by the letter J and the number 2.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home