Sunday, July 01, 2012

60 Day Juice Detox & Dry July

I'm about to embark on a 60 day juice detox. I start tomorrow. So what does this entail? Well, basically you juice all your vegetables and fruits and drink only the juice. You have 4-6 servings (16-22oz each) of juice. You put no fibre in your system and it gives you a great clean out. Details can be found here: http://www.jointhereboot.com/

Why am I doing this? Well, several reasons really. I've been overweight most of my life. It's made me unhappy that entire time which just leads to a vicious cycle. I'm tired of doing the yo-yo weight loss/gain. I've been doing a lot of work on myself the past 5 years or so. I'm far happier than I've ever been. I feel...ready for this. I'm actually looking forward to it, to resetting or rebooting my life. It's a massive challenge, but I've never been one to back down from a challenge. I did a brief 6 day juice detox right before I went to Africa. I was amazed how quickly I started to see results - my skin, my energy levels, everything was just better. I can only imagine what a 60 day one will do.

I'm also combing it with Dry July. Dry July is a fundraiser for adults living with cancer. Basically people sponsor you to be alcohol free all month. Since I'm doing my 60 day detox, I figured 30 of those days might as well be used to raise money for a good cause! If anyone would like to help sponsor me, the link is here: http://nz.dryjuly.com/profile/annikacorley Thank you in advance for any help you can offer, even if it is only words of encouragement!

Anyway, I decided to blog about my experiences during this detox. I'm always interested in the "science" behind these things and observing the changes on a daily basis. I don't know if anyone reads this anymore, but hopefully my daily observations won't bore you too much.

These last moments of being unhealthy are brought to you by the letter J and the number 60.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home