Tuesday, July 03, 2012

Day 1

Day 1 didn't start out so hot. I made the mistake of buying a scale. Actually, buying the scale wasn't the mistake. Stepping on the scale was the mistake. Holy Hannah - did not EVER expect to see the number that was there. While it's great that people don't believe me when I share it with them or say that "I wear it well", it doesn't change that horrifying number. However, I needed to know my starting point and the number I will never reach again.

So, in the spirit of being honest (and I can't believe I'm putting this out to the world), the scale said I was 300.4lbs. Whiskey Tango Foxtrot? Deep breaths. As someone who is 5'10" and done sport all her life, that was horrifying. Talk about motivation!

I also took some "before" photos. I want to document my progress on this journey. Not photos I liked to see, but it is what it is and it will only get better from here.

The juicing during the day went well. I tried some recipes from the website that were pretty tasty. I had forgotten how long it takes to juice in the morning. You'd be surprised how long it takes to make 3-4 juices for breakfast and your work day. All the washing and peeling and whatnot takes some time. Made it into work a wee bit late, but not biggie.

I had a headache all day, but to be fair I woke up with one that morning so don't think it's related to the detox. I drank tons of water and had a cup of herbal tea throughout the day. I got really tired around 3pm. I'm not certain if that was a result of lack of sleep over the weekend or to do with the detox.

I got home from work around 6:30 and sat down on the Couch of Inertia to watch some tv before making my final juice of the day. I fell asleep just after 7 and didn't wake up until 11:30. I went to bed and slept through until 6:30am. Guess I needed some sleep!

Day 1 down, 59 to go.

This update was brought to you by the letter J and the number 1.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home