Tuesday, August 07, 2012

Day 37

Today was day 37. I've learned several things about myself recently:

1. Apparently I am a baking goddess. I have now made chocolate chip cookies and brownies for coworkers and they begged for more. Will be making more tonight. Kind of ironic since I can't even lick my fingers (and don't want to even if I could!)

2. Getting out of the office during the day makes a massive difference in my mental health. The past two days I have gone for hour-long walks in the afternoon. Nice to get some fresh air and to work up a bit of a sweat.

3. Lots of people are noticing and commenting on the difference in my face and body. Positive reenforcement is a beautiful thing.

4. I no longer have any excuse to eat in an unhealthy fashion. If I have the willpower to do this for 60 days, that excuse goes out the window.

5. I've already been planning healthy recipes for when I can start eating again. I'm so excited to eat vegetables soon!

6. Celery isn't as disgusting as it used to be. Today was the first day I used celery in my Mean Green and it was okay. Not my favourite, but didn't want to make me vomit like it used to.

7. Getting my body moving again is awesome. It feels better when it moves. Probably explains why I played sport all my life. The knees are starting to feel better as the weight is coming off as well.

8. Expectations are foolish. Every time I think I know what to expect from this process and what is going to happen next, I'm proven wrong. Time to stop wondering and just enjoy the ride.

9. I want to take mid-way photos. Though I'm over that middle point now, it'd be nice to be able to compare before, middle and after. Don't expect me to post them though!

10. My brain is working overtime right now. I think it's just because now that I'm starting to like what I see in the mirror, it brings up all the issues that caused me to not like what I saw in the mirror for so long. More battles to be fought, but for the first time ever, I'm feeling confident on that front. Fingers crossed!

I can't believe there are only 23 days left!

This moment of randomness was brought to you by the letter R and the number 37.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home