Sunday, August 05, 2012

Day 35

This weekend was absolutely stunning! I can't tell you how nice it is to be able to get outside in the middle of winter and walk along the waterfront. Went for an hour and half walk yesterday. Then went out that night and danced my booty off at 24 Hour Party People for a couple hours. Think all that helped speed the current detox process along. It just felt so good to move. My knees are feeling better with the weight coming off as well.

Today was another cracking day. Woke up relatively early and went to the markets to stock up on veggies for the week...well, a few days anyway. Went to a farewell picnic in the sun for a friend who is moving up to Auckland. I was surrounded by amazing, healthy food which looked really good, but I had my juice and was quite happy sitting in the sun. Went to one of the NZ Film Festival films with some friends. After, they went out for a pint and I had a giant bowl of chips (fries) staring at me. Whilst they smelled good, I didn't want any.

I've been thinking ahead about coming off this after 60 days. I'm really hoping I can be back on solid food completely within a week. I just bought tickets to go to Australia a week after as I have a friend from university who will be over there on holiday and I get to see a dear friend who lives in Sydney as well. My friend I'm staying with said she'd get the juicer going for me so that will be awesome. A friend of mine who has done this before said the last 5 days of your 60 is preparing yourself to get back on food. Will follow up with him in a couple weeks to understand what that entails.

I've also got a weekend away (the last weekend of this) coming up in August. My friends have a juicer so I will just be taking all my veggies with me for that weekend.

I noticed last night my jeans are officially way too big to wear. Even with my belt there's just too much extra fabric there. I love it! Seems silly to go buy a new pair now though. Want to wait until the end of this as I figure there will be more weight coming off. Maybe that's what I'll do when I'm in Australia - treat myself to a new pair of jeans. :-)

My weight loss has slowed recently and I've decided to do something about it. Planning on taking my workout clothes to work this week so I can get out of the office during the day and walk. It will not only be good physically, but good for my mental health as well. I don't leave the building during the day since I have all my juice with me. Time to change that.

This moment of excitement and planning was brought to you by the letter J and the number 35.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home