Thursday, August 02, 2012

Day 33

Today was day 33. There's something really beautiful about being on the latter half of this journey. Sure, there's still a month to go, but it is only one month, not two now.

I forgot to report that last week I got conned into doing some baking for coworkers. I made chocolate chip cookies on Sunday. Not only did I not eat one, or even a crumb, I didn't even lick my fingers! I think that's pretty darn impressive for me.

I'm in the next round of detox now. I occasionally get "hot flashes". Since I'm not old enough for them to be the regular hot flashes, it's just part of the detox. Always interesting though to suddenly be really warm and sweating a bit.

Just when I thought that coating on my tongue was going away, it's back now with this latest round. Oh well, eventually there won't be anything else to clean out!

Yesterday I had over 10 people tell my my skin is glowing. When I walked up to a couple people at work one said, "Here's the one that's wasting away before our very eyes." Last night I went out to my local as there was a book release and one of the brewers was releasing a beer in conjunction. I saw a bunch of friends I haven't seen in close to a month. Everyone kept commenting on how good I look and how great my skin feels and how much weight I've lost. It was also the first time I've been in a situation where I'm out and people have food on the table in front of me - bowl of fries, a pizza, some pizza bread, etc. While it all looked and smelled good, I really didn't find myself with any desire to have any of it. I had a moment of fighting the habit of having a bit, but I didn't break which is nice.

Strangely, I did have a dream last night where I was putting out some cheese (my biggest weakness!!). Without even thinking I popped some in my mouth. However, as soon as I did I caught myself and spit it out. Too funny that even my dreams are about not breaking the fast!

Anyway, glad to be on the back half of this. Looking forward to eating solid, healthy food again in less than a month.

This moment of celebration was brought to you by the letter J and the number 33.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home