Monday, November 27, 2006

Word for the weekend - Interesting

Wow, what a weekend! It was opening weekend for Dickens Fair. I missed Friday as I was flying back from Kansas City that evening. Carol was kind enough to pick me up at the airport and we were straight to the Bovine Castle to some final prep for Saturday. Back to the Bovine Castle Saturday morning to throw some kegs and get the ale stands squared away. Got to play most of the day which was wonderful. After clean-up that night we played some poker (ended up ahead) and got to bed way too late. Sunday was back again for some more keg throwing. Did my first Dark Garden window with Danielle which was fabulous! She totally helped keep me calm and walked me through it. People seemed to enjoy it, though I got many complaints that they could never get close enough to the window to take photos because there were too many folks standing there. I'll take that as a good thing. :-) Thanks Danielle! Then it was mostly playing the rest of the day until it was time to put the kegs away for the week. We were all pretty beat the time we left. Hopefully I can catch up on some sleep this week before doing it all again next weekend!

Despite all the fun, things are pretty turbulent these days. Lives are changing, relationships are changing and I find myself constantly looking at the world through new eyes. Sometimes it's good. Sometimes it breaks my heart. Some things I wish I could control when I know deep down I just have to let events unfold the way they will as there's nothing I can do to influence them. Some people I wish I could help when I know the only solution is they need to help themselves. How does one distinguish between caring and the desire to help versus letting people find their own path? Always a challenge and I sometimes feel I should be further on that path than I am. I hope I'll get there eventually.

All in all - an interesting weekend. Interesting situations, interesting people and interesting propositions. What does the future hold? Only time will tell.

This moment of inadequate verbage was brought to you by the letter I and the number 3.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home