Monday, October 23, 2006

OWWWWWWWWW! Quit it!

Wow, what a weekend! I couldn't find a decent fare to Kansas City for the baptism which turned out to be a good thing since they cancelled it anyway. Instead of going up to Folsom Faire, I decided to have a weekend at home. It may be the last weekend I have that isn't booked between now and the end of the year. Yikes! What started out to be my nice, relaxing weekend at home turned into this:

Friday afternoon: After getting a new laptop at my Cupertino Office and lunch with BC in Menlo Park, I took a little trip to Dark Garden to purchase a new corset for Dickens. WOOHOO!!! Can't wait to pick it up at workshops.

Friday night: Poker. Good times, good company, good winnings. Bed at 3:00 or 3:30am

Saturday afternoon: Slept in a bit. Met Kristine for brunch in the Haight and had some bloody marys. Washed my car by hand, scrubbed the tires, cleaned the windows, cleaned the interior and armor-alled, etc. Had grand intentions of also waxing the car, but was a bit beat.

Saturday night: Got conned into heading to Fremont for Twitch's birthday party. You were supposed to come dressed as your favorite rock star. I chose Tom Petty so was in jeans, my playa boots, white t-shirt, plum suit jacket, red top hat and blue sunglasses. I didn't have a blond wig though, so most folks thought I was Slash (which works too). We ended up leaving much later than anticipated. Bed at 4:30am.

Sunday: Up at 9:30. Met Allen at Mission Cliffs for my first climbing gym experience. Had a blast, but let's just say there's lots of mental and physical issues to overcome. Next time though, that wall is MINE! Hehehehehhe. :-) We were there for a couple hours. Then hung out at Allen's pad and enjoyed the beautiful weather and views for a bit.

Sunday Afternoon: Left Allen's and headed to Golden Gate Park for some volleyball. Stopped at Safeway to pick up some gatorade and a sandwich for some fuel. Played 2 or 2.5 hours of grass volleyball which was really fun.

Sunday night: Went home and started laundry. Sat down on my couch - HUGE mistake. Could hardly move and was almost falling asleep as I sat there. Made some dinner and crashed out.

Monday morning: Hit the gym and then into work.

What does all that add up to? Well, in addition to being a great weekend, it adds up to a tired and sore BH! Ow quit it! I normally love being sore, but what bugs me a little bit is my knees are a bit sore. I assume it's from climbing since volleyball normally doesn't hurt. Then again, I did do some diving while playing so who knows. One of those Catch-22s - my knees will hurt less if I lose the weight, but doing things to help lose the weight sometimes hurt the knees. Is it going to stop me from climbing? Not a chance. For some reason I'm all about conquering that fear these days.

This moment of pain was brought to you by the letter W and the number 4.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home