Friday, October 20, 2006

Taking Control



I have decided it is finally time to start taking control of my life. What do I mean by this? I mean it's time to get myself healthy and start my own "Project Goddess". I'm tired of being the size I am. I'm tired of not being comfortable in my skin. I'm tired of being unhealthy. I'm tired of not liking what I see in the mirror. Let's face it, I'm tired! (It's not a good day until you can throw in a Blazing Saddles reference!)

I am 29 years old and this is the time to do it. It's time to take control and make a change. It's time to get in shape NOW!! It's time to regain control over my life and make it what I want. It's time to put aside any chances of getting diabetes one day. It's time to realize that I need to be more careful than others about being healthy considering I lost both of my parents to cancer. Most of all, it's time to start liking what I see looking back at me. I've been doing a lot of work on the inside, now it's time to extend that to the outside.

With that in mind, I finally got my butt out of bed the past two days and hit the gym. I'm also trying to clean up my dietary habits. It's a long road and I know it isn't easy, but when it all comes down to it, it's about being in charge of my own destiny. That thought makes it a bit more manageable somehow.

The current goal - by my 30th birthday I want to be at least 50lbs lighter than I am now. That's 7 months from now. Will I get there? May be hard to tell since I don't really weigh myself. I tend to go on how clothes fit and what I see in a mirror. However, I know what I weigh now and I think on my birthday I'll weigh myself again. Then follow it by a celebratory bottle of single malt that is older than I am. Hehehehehehe.

So yeah, that's the plan. If you see me stuffing something in my face I shouldn't, please remind me I need to stop and think first. Sometimes we all need a little help. :-)

This moment of decision was brought to you by the letter C and the number 1.

4 Comments:

At October 23, 2006 11:18 AM, Blogger MB said...

he he he... I think it's ironic you would post up about getting healthy right after a post about great scotch!!

Don't get me wrong, I don't think the two are mutually exclusive.

You know you have my support. Get 'er done!!

Burn more calories than you consume. That's about it. It ain't easy.

 
At October 23, 2006 6:51 PM, Blogger Barbara said...

You can do this...email me if you want any info or advice or SUPPORT!

I know for a fact you can do it...I believe in you 100%

 
At October 24, 2006 6:31 AM, Blogger Buzz said...

Good luck, I know it's a challenge but you can do it!


-buzz

 
At October 24, 2006 10:05 AM, Blogger Glib Gal said...

With you all the way BH. Go for it.

I just worry for your hash name - could you go from BH to Slingshot? Pebbles? Chips off the old Block?

I know, I'll work on it and have something ready by the big 3-0.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home