Thursday, October 12, 2006

Of Single Malt and Friendship



What a night! Accompanied by two fabulous friends - Chris and Allen - I attended my first D&M Liquors sponsored Signatory single malt tasting last night. Nothing like leaving work early because there's a bottle of whiskey older than I am with my name on it! Arrived at my second home and Chris and I hopped the bus to head to the tasting. Met up with Allen on our second bus and we headed into the Presidio. D&M knows how to arrange tastings! The food was wonderful - veggies, pate, cheese, etc. The whiskey...well, the whiskey was phenomenal! Here's a list of what we tasted:

Rosebank 86 Pf. Lowland 1991 14 YO
Edradour Un-Chillfiltered So. Highland 1995 10 YO
Glen Rothes Un-Chillfiltered Speyside 1994 12 YO
Pulteney 86 Pf. No. Highland 1989 16 YO
Macallan Un-Chillfiltered Speyside 1990 14 YO
Clynelish Cask Strength No. Highland 1990 15 YO
Mannochmore Cask Strength Speyside 1991 13 YO
Laphroaig Un-Chillfiltered Islay 1999 7 YO
Highland Park Un-Chillfiltered Island 1992 14 YO
Bowmore Cask Strength Sherry Cask 1970 35 YO

My favorites:
Mannochmore, Laphroaig, Clynelish, Edradour and Glen Rothes

Many laughs were shared and future events planned. Even a pact was made and pinky-sworn upon.

Of course they offered a "discount" price for that night only. Let's just say I dropped a pretty penny last night! We stayed a bit later to drink our fill. Jessie was kind enough to pick up our slightly inebriated asses. She dropped Chris and I at Geary and we hopped the 38 back. Ended up hanging out and having one of the best conversations to date. I love random events like that.

As much as I tend to get frustrated by life and by disappointments, I really am a lucky, lucky girl!!! Single malt and new old friends. What more could anyone ask for?

This moment of happiness was brought to you by the letter W and the number 3.

1 Comments:

At October 17, 2006 8:34 PM, Blogger Spotty said...

Hey...you doing Tex Mex in 07?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home