Tuesday, November 07, 2006

Mooning About



Last night I had my first poi class in quite some time. We're doing a performance in Union Square and had our first choreography practice for it. As usual, I was rushing about and got out of work late. I was running to try and not be late. I hopped in my car and turned out my client site toward the bay. I hit the brakes and stopped dead in my tracks.

A site quite like the photo above greeted me. A clear sky, an almost full moon just rising above the water, it's reflection gently rippling in the waves. Simply stunning. I heard myself say, "Wow! WOW!" outloud. My next exclamation (also outloud) - "Thank you!" Thank you to the God(dess) for making such a stunning site. Thank you for letting me be alive to see it. Thank you for reminding me of all the beauty that exists around me that I tend to overlook as I let the stress of the day take over. Thank you for putting things in perspective.

I think I need to notice more often. Maybe next time with a bottle of wine and a beach.

Anyone care to join me?

This moment of nature appreciation was brought to you by the letter M and the number 10.

2 Comments:

At November 08, 2006 11:29 AM, Blogger Barbara said...

I would LOVE to be there. Such an awesome photo!

 
At November 11, 2006 9:05 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yo! I'd love to come out if I can crash on your couch. ;D

 

Post a Comment

<< Home