Saturday, November 11, 2006

After the Rain




Last night as I drove home from poker it was raining. It was one of those cleansing rains that is pleasant to drive in. There's nothing like falling asleep to the sound of raindrops bouncing off the roof and the ground outside a slightly open window. I woke up this morning, put on some workout clothes and stepped outside to hit the gym.

The world always smells so fresh and clean after the rain. It's like the world, and you, have been given a second chance...a fresh start. I love that smell. It reminds me of all the possibilities life has to offer. It reminds me to be grateful for another day, another opportunity to see the beauty around me, another chance to change who I am on the inside to contribute to the beauty in the world. The rain helps wash away all the negatives in life and you are left with a clean slate and a fresh start.

Life is good. I feel so much better now that I am working out consistently and eating better. There is so much in my life to be grateful for. Mornings like this always help remind me of just how good life is.

Yay for rain! Yay for fresh starts!

This "hippy moment" has been brought to you by the letter R and the number 1.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home