Wednesday, June 14, 2006

I Broke the Cardinal Rule

Every Tuesday, a group of folks get together for some beverages at various locations around SF that have an outside patio. Always a good time. This week they were going to Nap's. I was pretty stoked because you can bring your own food to cook to this place and we were going to have some grilled goodness.

I had called the Tahoe Boy (TB for short) earlier in the day at work to see if he was going to be home that night so we could chat. He said I must have been psychic because he was going to call me that day. We agreed I'd call him at 8 last night. Perfect. We can have a little chat and then meet up with everyone at 9:30.

Best laid plans. We got off the phone at 1:10am. Yes, that's right. Over a 5 hour phone conversation. Wtf? I'm pretty sure I've never had a phone conversation that long. Obviously didn't make the Tuesday night event. In the grand scheme of things it's no biggie as these folks do it every week. However, I still broke the cardinal rule of never dissing friends for a boy.

I am in SO much trouble with TB. I am in way over my head. Remember that rugby match I told you about Monday night and drinking with the Irish team? Well, one of the coaches totally wanted to hook up with me. Normally I'd be like, "Cute Irish rugby player wants to makeout with me? Hell yes!" Instead, I had no interest whatsoever because he wasn't TB. I've NEVER done that before. Never has liking someone prevented me from making out with someone else unless commitment was involved.

We really are ridiculous. Even saying "I miss you" on the phone. I've turned into one of those girls that I mock. In a week and a half I'm going back up to Tahoe to spend the weekend with him. Someone please save me from this madness!!! I'm on a runaway train powered by a blond haired, green-eyed, 6-packed, hip-line-thingy (you girls know what I mean), sweetheart speciman of a man. Ack!

This moment of ridiculousness was brought to you by the letters L,U,S and T and the number 1.

3 Comments:

At June 14, 2006 3:56 PM, Blogger Fame said...

Rock on baby...you have a little crush. Yes, cardinal rule one however, it's the beginning of the relationship it's in the middle they will hang you for it! Sounds like your having a grand time with a man. Enjoy it! Oooo a weekend away got to love that!

 
At June 14, 2006 7:32 PM, Blogger Barbara said...

God Bless being silly and feeling great about it. Dang....i miss having a guy to gush about....

have fun and LIVE IT UP!!!!

 
At June 15, 2006 10:12 AM, Blogger Glib Gal said...

Crushes are the best. I need one these days.

Will you and TB be at NorCal campout? I'm sending my rego in today!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home