Wednesday, May 24, 2006

Any Wiser?



Another year older today. Turning 29...for the first (and only) time. :-) The last one in the 20s. I remember being 15 and thinking 29 was SO old. I have to say, I don't feel any differently than I did at 21. It's amazing how your perspective changes on things. Birthdays always are a time for me to reflect on life, where I stand and where I want to be going.

Sometimes I think I haven't accomplished nearly enough for someone who is 29. I had all these ideas and dreams as a kid of all the things I would have done by now. Then I have friends around to remind me just what I have done in such a short time and it makes me feel a bit better.

I remember when I was younger, I thought by this point I would have everything figured out and would just be cruising through life. Boy was I wrong!!! I'm still trying to figure out just who I am. The good news is that changes all the time. The bad news is...that changes all the time. Then again, constant growth is a good thing.

I've made a lot of strides in the past year. Trying to open myself up more to new experiences, new people, new things. Sometimes it is difficult though. Walls were built for a reason and work amazingly well. How do you retrain yourself to not hide behind them? How do you believe that putting yourself out there is a good thing? How do you change your thinking to believe that being rejected is okay because you still took the risk and put yourself out there and in that is victory? Why is it so much easier to hide behind our fears than to break out of them? And at what age do I finally pull my head out of my ass and do so?

Maybe this will be the magic year. Stay tuned. :-)

This moment of reflection was brought to you by the letter B and the number 29.

8 Comments:

At May 24, 2006 12:52 PM, Blogger MB said...

Happy Birthday Fuck You!!
Happy Birthday Fuck You!!

 
At May 24, 2006 4:04 PM, Blogger Barbara said...

The 30's are indeed the best times of your life. You really come into your own especially sexually:)

happy trails my dear!!!

 
At May 24, 2006 4:45 PM, Blogger Jimmy said...

Happy bday girl!!! You're still a youngin'! You don't turn "old" until you hit 40.

 
At May 25, 2006 7:47 AM, Blogger Glib Gal said...

Happy Birthday BH! Just think, in four years you could be living off the power grid with a pet pig and a Jamaican man who visits to play with your tractor. Something to aspire to...

 
At May 25, 2006 7:51 AM, Blogger MB said...

Uh, yeah. "Play with your tractor."

 
At May 25, 2006 9:20 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

happy b day beautiful - did you get my gift?

PNUTtier

 
At May 25, 2006 10:30 AM, Blogger Spotty said...

Hey, i sang the Happy Birthday FU song first....where is my comment?? Anyway, Happy Birthday yesterday Boulder!

 
At May 30, 2006 11:28 AM, Blogger Pittchick said...

Happy Birthday! I turned 29-again on the 26th, I totally know where you're coming from! All i can say is, so far, so good!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home