Wednesday, May 17, 2006

Power Tools are Cool



I'm planning on camping with the Iron Roses this year at my first Burning Man. The thing I like about them (besides the cool people), is how much I am learning during our work days. We've had 3 now that I've attended, including one this past Saturday.

I not only got to cut pipe using a band saw, I also got to use a drill press. That's right boys, I can cut and drill pipe with the best of them. ;-) It kicked ass! I even have a war wound. On the last hole I was drilling, a tiny piece of pipe flew up and burned the base of my throat. It now serves as my shrapnel wound from 'Nam story. Everyone needs a good shrapnel story.

Thanks to Heidi for teaching me how to use the tools and for giggling with me at my excitement! Yes, I'm a girl, but I can't help it - it was so much fun! And it makes you feel like a badass too. *sheepish grin*

This moment of power was brought to you by the letter P and the number 3.

5 Comments:

At May 17, 2006 12:13 PM, Blogger MB said...

Cutting and drilling pipe is one thing.

But do you know how to lay pipe?

 
At May 17, 2006 2:27 PM, Blogger Pittchick said...

Power tools are cool. My husband never lets me play with ours.

 
At May 18, 2006 9:59 AM, Blogger MB said...

That's because you have an oven to play with...........geez.

 
At May 19, 2006 6:37 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oooh, I came to check out HNT, and got sidetracked with this one - I *love* power tools! I have two miter saws, two circular saws, four drills, 3 pneumatic brad guns, (because my husband, who rarely *uses* most of the tools, is incredibly picky about the drill that he WILL use) and a nifty little Dremel tool, which may not quite qualify as a power tool, but has a lot of power nonetheless.

Let the husbands play with the ovens. Power tools are for girls!

 
At May 19, 2006 10:23 PM, Blogger Fame said...

ROCK ON GIRLFRIEND ROCK ON! Right on with the power tools!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home