Thursday, May 25, 2006

A Huge Thank You!



A huge thank you to everyone who called, PM'd, commented on my blog and came out last night to help me celebrate my birthday!!! I had a freaking wonderful time!

My best friend who lives in New York happened to be in town. Her husband had a conference in Monterey. She drove up yesterday around noon and we hung out all day. Just as we were leaving the house a flower delivery appeared. Turns out my roomie from my sophomore year in college sent me some gorgeous Gerber daisies. Thanks Peanut! That was so amazing! Got some nice sunburns on our arms from hanging out talking in the Botanical Gardens. Somehow we put sunscreen on our faces, but not our arms. Morons! Then we went to Ocean Beach for a bit.

Around 6 we met up with my other good friend Karen at Annabelle's Bar and Grill. Had a cocktail and then a bottle of wine with a yummy dinner. Finally headed over to my surprise location.

Kristine was a rock star and organized for everyone to surprise me at Mars Bar for some cocktails before BaGG. It was great to see so many folks who came from far away!! Made me feel all warm and gooey inside - no you pervs, not in THAT way. I reserve that for later in the evening. But I digress. I arrive and there was Muse, Lil' Shadow, Penguin, Omar, Kristine, Josh and his hot new girl whose name escapes me (sorry!). My best friend and Karen joined in the fun. Eddie Spaghetti showed up. Then my dear friend Raja appeared (in photo). The drinks were definitely flowing. From out of nowhere Kristine produced a fantabulous birthday cake. I think I had to blow out the candles at least 3 times. They probably just wanted me to keep bending over in that dress. ;-)

Some of us eventually headed over to BaGG where we spent the rest of the evening. Good times as always were had. It was great to see so many folks there - Kevin, Elliotte, Jen, Brenda, Matt, Ally, Chris, Tom, Martin, etc. The Miss BaGG contest was entertaining. I think we finally grabbed a cab around 2:45am or so. Didn't get to sleep until the usual 5am. Ugh - so fun to play, but lack of sleep is killing me. Had to be responsible finally around 9am and head home so I could grab my car and pick up my family at the airport. Was convinced to stay in bed a bit longer to snooze, but finally made the effort to leave at 9:30.

As I was driving to the airport my phone rings. It was Omar and Kristine wanting to know if I wanted to join them for cheeseburgers. Man that sounded SO good at that point in time. Unfortunately I couldn't join them. Figured it might be a bit wrong to leave my brother, sis-in-law and little niece stranded at the airport. It was a shame considering if they had called an hour earlier I would have been 3 blocks from them and it would have been so easy.

Been dragging all day, but it is fabulous to see my family. My brother and I put together my bookshelves today so that's nice to have that finished. It's great to hang out with Isabella - my 18 month old niece. And I love my brother and my sis-in-law. Really makes my birthday special to be able to spend time with them.

Anyway, again, a huge thanks to everyone for yesterday. An even larger thanks to Kristine for arranging it all! Y'all made me feel loved and that means the world! Big hugs to all. I'm a happy girl! :-)

This birthday recap was brought to you by the words Sapphire and Tonic and the number Way Too Many.

5 Comments:

At May 26, 2006 9:19 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

woot glad you got them!

much love from NY on your B Day

peas

 
At May 27, 2006 4:22 PM, Blogger Barbara said...

Glad you had such a great time girly....I need your number again. Sorry....:(

I'm sending you good vibes:), happy B-Day!!!!

 
At May 30, 2006 4:14 PM, Blogger Fame said...

How the hell did I miss your BDay! Happy freakin birthday girlfriend! Now who is the cute boy?? And you look like you got a sunburn! Sunblock woman SUNBLOCK! LOL!

 
At May 31, 2006 12:20 PM, Blogger Pittchick said...

Hope you had a great B'day!!!

 
At June 01, 2006 12:37 PM, Blogger Buzz said...

Happy belated b-day...

my blog is updated.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home