Monday, May 22, 2006

Ahhhhhhhhhhh The Madness

What a weekend! Friday night I met up with Muse, Twitch, Razor and Raven in Campbell. We took The Handbasket down to Defiance in Santa Cruz. Ended up with a prime parking space in front of the club. Had a blast meeting some new folks and running into some folks I didn't expect to see - Rodent, Jason, Ben, Neko, Astrea, etc.

The after party was in The Handbasket. I don't even know how many folks we had in there at one point. I'm not much of a drunk dialer, but when suggested by others I think it is a fabulous idea! I'm not sure how many folks we called, but I know there were a lot! They were probably confused by all the screaming and yelling, but it's just because we love y'all! I think poor BoyChaos got the brunt of it - how many of us ended up calling him anyway? 5? 10? I have no idea what time we got to "sleep" that night/morning. I know it was light outside for sure! I did get to cuddle with Ben for the whole two hours of sleep I think we all got.

Saturday we drove back to Campbell and I headed home. Took an hour nap and then went down by City Hall and registered for Bay To Breakers. Figured I should do it legally at least once! Headed to a 40th birthday party for a friend. Finally reached the point of exhaustion so headed home to try and go to bed early. Then I realized I had to plan my costume and get stuff ready for the next day so was up til around 11pm.

Up at 5:10 to get ready and catch some public transportation to meet up with Kristine and the Sports Basement crew. Met a hilarious guy from Long Beach who had flown up for the race while getting some Jamba Juice. Finally met up with everyone and we were on our way. Eventually met up with Penguin, Hunny, Sasha, Omar and crew. Ran into Koyote and Shahadi (sp?). Lost everyone again. Ran into Panty Free. Found some folks. Lost everyone again. Ran into Matt. Repeat.

Kristine and I eventually found our way to The Handbasket and hung out for a few hours which was really fun. Twitch was kind enough to drive us all to our homes. Tried to take a nap which was foiled by a few phone calls. My family and friends have fabulous timing! It was probably payback for the drunk dailing on Friday night. :-)

Was supposed to have dinner with my old roomie that night. Ended up doing dinner with my old roomie and another friend who needed some comfort when her boyfriend decided to prove the theory that boys are dumb.

All in all, a fabulous weekend! I think my liver hurts though.

Need to rest up so I can survive the birthday festitivies later this week. :-)

This weekend recap was brought to you by the letter A and the number 3.

3 Comments:

At May 22, 2006 6:03 PM, Blogger Barbara said...

Is the vampire thing kinda like the hash group?

 
At May 22, 2006 7:00 PM, Blogger Fame said...

God I miss weekends like this...I used to be like this. What the hell happened to me. Sounds like you had a great time. As Le Chat and I would say.. together we tried to give ourselves liver failure. :-)

 
At May 23, 2006 8:51 AM, Blogger MB said...

I can't believe you didn't drunk dial me.

Dammit!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home