Friday, July 28, 2006

You Call This a Reward???

Most of you know I'm currently working on a project in LA. It has literally been sucking the life out of me. Due to a client that is a PITA, I have to fly down Sunday nights and can't leave on Fridays until a 6pm flight. They took what should be a 12 week project, sold it as an 8 week project and then made us do it in 6. Last week alone I worked over 71 hours. My client manager has never been a project manager before, is completely passive aggressive and has no idea what she is doing.

Three of the four members of our team (including myself) have finished our work this week. We had talked to the client about rolling off early since our work is complete. They met yesterday and decided they would only keep one of us for next week. Obviously it makes sense to keep the one guy who hasn't yet completed his work (due to their scheduling) next week to finish.

No no, they decide they want to keep ME. So now you are taking the one person who has been in all the meetings, conducted the interviews, read all the documents and has been involved since the beginning and removing him from the project. Instead, bringing in someone who hasn't been involved in any of it to finish the work. Oh, and the by the way, the second review of the work is at 7am Monday morning. Someone please explain this logic to me!

I know I should feel pleased that they like my work and trust the job I do. Instead, I'm just pissed. Is this how you "reward" people for doing good work? If so, screw that. I'm going to start sucking at my job from now on. I'm so done with this project, and have tons of stuff to do to prepare for Burning Man. When you only have 1.5 days at home on the weekend (during which you need to do laundry and errands) it makes it really hard to get anything accomplished. Most of the people I'm working down here with are great. Really only two are PITAs. However, those two are making life miserable and limiting the time I have at home.

Sorry, I'm just frustrated and needed to vent. Sadly you, dear reader, are on the receiving end. I'll be fine in a few days. Right now I'm just miffed.

This ridiculous moment of frustration was brought to you by the letter F and the number 1.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home