Friday, June 30, 2006

*sigh* When Is It My Turn?


Warning - short rant/pity-party about to ensue:

I am so tired of meeting men who I like and who like me, but are emotionally unavailable or unwilling to do anything about it!!! Why do you pursue if you're not a point in your life where you can do anything about it? I don't randomly sleep with people so it's obviously not for sex. What is it about me that causes this to happen over and over again?

Why does it have to happen when I am finally at a point in my life where I am willing to let someone in? Let me tell you, that doesn't happen often. So I finally reach that point and think I have the opportunity with someone only to find out he's in no place in his life right now to do anything.

When do I get to meet someone I like, who likes me and is willing and able to do something about it?

When is it my turn?

How do I prevent myself from closing off again and just merrily move on down the line?

I need some bandaids!

4 Comments:

At June 30, 2006 9:37 AM, Blogger MB said...

Uh, Hello?

Did you see your previous post?

There is a guy who wants you?

Details, Details. So what if he is a stalker. Remember, "It's only stalking if you don't get married someday."

:-)

 
At June 30, 2006 10:56 AM, Blogger Buzz said...

You don't need band-aids, you need a vacation and a lot of drink.

To me, it seems that you're obligated to so many activities, social groups (fire spinnin' and hashing) and so ground down by work that you're not taking any time for yourself.

It may seem like you're "getting away" and "having fun" with friends but where is the time you need for you?

F-word, woman!

You are the damn busiest single person I know. Have you ever taken a step out of yourself and realized that? The men you meet whom you deem unavailable might just be a bit leery of the pace you're living your life and perhaps are a bit intimidated. I know your retort is going to be along the lines of "well, I give them my utmost attention" but do you really? Have you ever cancelled an appointment, day of work, or previously planned anything in order to really spend time with someone?

My guess, brutal as it may seem, is no.

So, with that being said, and back to my second and third paragraphs, I think you need some BH time. You need to be away from everyone and everything for a long weekend. I'm sure this weekend is already booked for you, but I hear Vancouver is nice in August.

Go up there, (or anywhere) completely alone. No fire breathers, no hashers, no co-workers, just you. Emotionally shake all this shit off, take a breath or two, don't answer the phone, don't log onto anything, drink a chilled Gavutrzteminer with dinner and really unwind, dammit.

Then, after the chill-out, it will be easier to say "you know what, fuck all those guys, don't need 'em, don't want 'em"

Once that independence has replaced your current desperation, the right one is going to come sniffing around. All you'll have to do then is hold out your hand.

Promise,

-buzz

 
At July 03, 2006 7:54 PM, Blogger Barbara said...

Sorry to hear of your dating woes....I hope better men are on your horizion course I feel like I'm in or near your boat...does that make sense? Shouldn't blog when tired....


Cheer up baby...New Zealand!!!

 
At July 04, 2006 11:21 PM, Blogger freethoughtguy said...

It's a numbers game ... meet more guys, increase your odds of finding a winner!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home