Sunday, May 14, 2006

Minionization

I know it's been a while since I've posted. Life has been interesting and I've needed some time to process it all. Sadly, I think I need more time. To tide you over, here's what I did a week ago.

Last weekend had another beach burn. The weather was gorgeous! Sun was shining, flowers were blooming, skies were blue. I drove down Friday afternoon. PF was kind enough to have dropped off her little butterball trailer for me to stay in. I stopped at the Safeway in Santa Cruz to pick up some supplies. Ran into Chris and Diter while there. Headed to the beach and met up with folks who were there. This time we were further back in the site where they normally do these weekends. The ground had been too wet earlier in the year so we hadn't been back there yet. PF had dropped off her trailer near the entrance of the campground - a ways away from where we were going to be. I was a bit bummed, but don't have a towing package on my Honda so c'est la vie. Ended up heading back into town later with Niko to grab some white gas from Safeway.

When I arrived back more folks had appeared. Paul (from North Hampton, England - I've been drunk in his local pub) was a sweetheart and decided that wasn't acceptable. We borred a hitch from Chris and Paul hooked up the trailer and pulled it up to where everyone else was. Apparently we were supposed to park it at the Vampire Campground, but I didn't get the memo about that until too late. Instead Chris and Diter just got to rib me about it. I tried to offer Paul a gin and tonic as a thank you. Well, genius girl had bought everything except tonic. So trip number 3 to the store. Luckily it's not that far away.

It was a smaller crowd on Friday which was nice. Good folks. Hung in the Den of Iniquity with the vampires for most of it. Oh, I was minionized! That's right, I'm a vampire now. So all y'all better watch out! I may bite you and make you my minion. Muahahahhahahahaha!

Around 3am it was just Muse, Chris, Edric and myself. Chris ended up playing this horrible 80s set which I, of course, loved. Poison, Warrant, Electric Avenue, etc. The coup d'etat was Air Supply - Making Love Out of Nothing At All. Chris and I re-enacted the junior high dance moves. You know, the slow sway side to side, the girl looking bored at the ceiling, the guy looking at her boobs. I can't wait to see the photos! Muse and I eventually headed to the main campfire. There we got to watch Edric hook up with some scary woman which was hilarious. I finally crashed out at 6am.

Saturday was beautiful. Day was spent hanging out in the sunshine, listening to music, playing fizzball, etc. That evening Chris and I kept our tradition alive of single malt on the beach at sunset. 21 year old Balvenie. Good stuff! Spike and Edric joined us for part of it. They wandered off and Chris and I finished the bottle. Had a nice little makeout session with promises for more later. Around 11pm I tried to take a nap since I only had 4 hours of sleep. Was out about 30 minutes when PF arrived. At least I had that 30 minutes. Diter and I woke Chris at 1am. Was wandering between the vamps and the main fire. Finally settled in the vamp compound.

I received the ultimate diss that night. So, as I had mentioned, Chris and I had made plans for later. Around 3am I was chatting with another girl who announced she was going to go get laid. About 20 minutes later I walk outside and she's right there. I asked what had happened and she said that guy was out cold. So she was going to her backup makeout buddy...Chris. I said, "Actually I've got plans with him." She just laughed, said "Silly", stood up, took two steps into the compound and yelled, "Ok, where's my makeout buddy?" Sure enough, out comes Chris a minute later. I just looked at him and said, "Oh, I see how it is." He leans in and says, "I'm just making out with her. I have other plans for you." I said, "Oh, so I'm just supposed to wait in line?" He grinned and was half-joking as he said, "Yeah." I said, "Sorry, I don't wait in line. See ya."

So, it wasn't just one of those, hey we're both going to be there, I hope something happens and when it doesn't you're disappointed kind of things. No, this was a hey, plans were made and promises were made and then you go makeout with someone else? What the fuck? The next morning he came up and tried to give me this big old hug. I was like, "Oh no mister. You owe me big. You are so not off the hook." Men. WTF? Honestly!

Saturday night was another 6am night. Sunday was gorgeous again. Hung out with folks all morning. Played another round of fizzball. I've somehow become the official fizzball pitcher which is actually a lot of fun. Ordered some New Rock boots for ridiculously cheap from 6 of 9. Can't wait til they arrive! Made plans to do dinner with PF. Helped tear down the vamp compound and kept trying to leave, but they wouldn't let me. It was finally around 6pm when I got out of there. Met up in Santa Cruz with PF, Gas, BJ, Goggler, See More and One Dollah for dinner which was fun. Finally headed home exhausted, yet still happy from the weekend.

This ultimate diss was brought to you by the letter C and the number 2.

1 Comments:

At May 16, 2006 6:01 AM, Blogger Barbara said...

What as ass.....build him up and drop him hard...pay backs are a bitch

 

Post a Comment

<< Home