Sunday, May 14, 2006

Work Confusion

See, I don't post for ages and now 2 in one day!

I rolled off my client at the end of April. I'd been out there for 2.5 years which is a long ass time at any client. I was sad to go. When I was writing my farewell email I ended up having to add a couple distribution lists in addition to individual people because there were just too many.

I learned that my VP wanted to send me to LA to one of two projects. Either one is a nightmare and I really don't want to travel. Anyway, I positioned myself for another Project Manager role out at my old client which they decided to buy. Awesome, I get to stay local! They asked for the Statement of Work as soon as possible so they could get me out there. I gave it to them on May 4th. So far I'm still waiting for a signature! Normally that would be no big thing. And hey, two weeks "on the beach" pretty much kicks ass! Not to mention I'm still getting paid which is a plus.

However, last week I couldn't get in touch with my contact out there. I assumed that meant his wife was having a baby and was no big thing. On Friday I contacted the other person that might know. No response. Well, I just learned that there was a huge reorg done late last week. The group I was going to be working for is no more. To top all that, apparently the project may be on hold. I guess they never got permission from the owner of the company (and they've already spent $10M) and are kicking out the current company they have in there doing the work. Of course, I'm not learning this from either of my contacts. Rather from friends I have there. So I may not have a project at all now which sucks. I really don't want to travel.

There's a possibility of another role at the same client. I need to email the VP who is looking for someone to see if maybe I can snag that one instead. Keep your fingers crossed for me!

This annoyance was brought to you by the letter W and the number 3.

2 Comments:

At May 15, 2006 7:24 AM, Blogger MB said...

he he he you rolled off your client.

How much do you charge?

 
At May 15, 2006 8:32 AM, Blogger dayoldfish said...

damn I was going to say I thought things were going to get hot when you said you rolled off your client.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home