Saturday, April 22, 2006

Kick Ass!

Last night was our fire performance. This is the first free fire performance of its kind in the entire country. We performed in Union Square for almost two hours as a kick off to National Dance Week.

I was super nervous beforehand. Especially when all my friends started showing up. Talk about performance anxiety! Plus I had to go second! However, once I was out there and my poi were lit, it kicked ass. The audience was amazing. I had this one moment of flubbing and kinda made a funny face and laughed about it and the entire audience started cheering. Totally pulled me out of it! At one point I lost one of my handles, but was able to just wrap and grab and finish out the performance. All in all I was pretty pleased. The rest of the show kicked ass. Everyone did really well and some of the choreographed pieces were stunning! I was totally amped after the show.

It was great having folks in the audience that I knew! I could hear them cheering for me along with everyone else and it really inspired me. Thanks to everyone who was able to make it!

I should be getting a DVD of the performance at some point. I'll see if I can put a link of the show at some point. Thanks for all the well wishes!

This moment of firey goodness was brought to you by the letter F and the number 1.

2 Comments:

At April 23, 2006 4:34 PM, Blogger Barbara said...

Wooohooooo I wanna see it!!!

Thank is kick ass girl..so glad it went well. I would love to see a fireshow.

 
At April 23, 2006 5:46 PM, Blogger Glib Gal said...

Congrats on your first fiery performance - sounds cool. Mine was in first grade when I set the neighbor's lawn on fire. It was not, however, met with applause.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home