Tuesday, April 11, 2006

Another Good Quote

A friend had this quote on her blog on Tribe today. I decided to "steal" it and share it with the rest of you. I really like this one.

(For the normal BH frivolity - check the post below this one.)

"Be very careful if you make a woman cry, because God counts her tears. The woman came out of a man's rib. Not from his feet to be walked on. Not from his head to be superior, but from the side to be equal. Under the arm to be protected, and next to the heart to be loved."

-- From the Hebrew Talmud

Nothing more needs to be said as the words I could find would only be inadequate.

This quote was brought to you by the letter H and the number 2.

5 Comments:

At April 11, 2006 3:04 PM, Blogger Fame said...

Love it!

 
At April 11, 2006 3:42 PM, Blogger Spotty said...

Yeah, shame on all you who have made us awesome chicks cry!

 
At April 12, 2006 7:32 AM, Blogger MB said...

I like this one.

"It is forbidden for dogs, women or palm trees to pass between two men, nor may others walk between dogs, women or palm trees. Special dangers are involved if the women are menstruating or sitting at a crossroads." -Pesahim 111a. (The Talmud)

What? I didn't invent the quote, I just copied it and pasted it. Not sure if the whole crossroads thing is correlated to the menstruating or not. Don't get me started on some of the quuotes in the Bible....whoa!!!

 
At April 12, 2006 2:47 PM, Blogger Buzz said...

Matzo, I like the direction you're heading, and I'll take it a step further...

For the hens

"Be careful if your complaining drives men to drink, because Jesus counts his beers. Adam listened to Eve and chomped on that fucking apple, not to enjoy it's juicy flavor, not to savor the ripe aroma, but to please Eve, and so that she would finally shut the hell up already..."

-From Buzz, just now off the top of his head.

In jest of course, I love the ladies, they rev my engine.

:o)

-Buzz

 
At April 13, 2006 7:44 AM, Blogger Barbara said...

BH....awesome quote.....

I'll be in Cali in Sept but in San Diego and LA.Probably quite a drive from you...damn it.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home