Friday, April 21, 2006

Firey Nervousness

Tonight will be my first fire performance. The Temple of Poi where I take classes is holding a free performance in Union Square. There are three different sections: 1. Solo performers doing 60 second pieces, 2. Group choreographed performances and 3. A bunch of the instructors and other really good folks performing a choreographed show with a bunch of different fire tools. I fall into group 1 and am going to be the second person on stage. Ack! I'm really nervous about it.

Monday night Josie and I met at Albany beach and did a bunch of burns to help prepare. It was really helpful to have someone there saying, yes, that looks good with fire or I'd do this move over that move, etc. I haven't practiced the rest of the week because I've been feeling under the weather. I may go out at lunch today with my practice poi and do a little bit to help calm the nerves.

So, keep your fingers crossed at 7:39pm PDT tonight as that's when I'll be on stage doing my 60 second performance. I just hope I don't make an ass of myself! The one comfort is most of the folks in the audience don't know anything about it so it all looks good. Their ignorance is my bliss! :-)

This moment of nervous energy was brought to you by the letter F and the number 1.

3 Comments:

At April 21, 2006 1:15 PM, Blogger Pittchick said...

Good Luck! I hpe you don't accidentally set anything on fire.

 
At April 21, 2006 1:39 PM, Blogger Barbara said...

i want to see photo's. Good luck girl.....i know you will kick ass.

 
At April 21, 2006 3:21 PM, Blogger MB said...

Wow, performing for 60 seconds, that's a long, long time.

Well, it is for me anyway.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home