Friday, April 07, 2006

Conundrum

I'm a bit torn at the moment. I had originally planned on going to CoTex hash house harriers weekend in June. However, I just learned about the Churchill Cup rugby matches. They will be played in the SF Bay Area.



I know that for the rest of you hashers out there (minus Scrummy), this is a no brainer. However, rugby was a very important part of my life for about 8 years. Partly because it fit in with the "tough girl" attitude I had after my dad died. You know, the classic "I don't need anybody. I'm tough. I can handle things on my own" kind of crap. When I eventually got over that phase I just loved the sport. I loved the fact that you could knock the crap out of someone on the pitch, and after they would hand you a beer and say, "Nice tackle." That was what it was all about for me.

Even though I don't play anymore minus one tournament a year, I still like to follow it. It would be absolutely AMAZING to see Ireland and the New Zealand Maori play. The US isn't all that good, but we're slowly improving. I think the NFL has had a lot to do with rugby not being more popular here, but that's a different rant for a different time. As you can see by the schedule, Ireland is playing NZ on the same Saturday as CoTex. It's not often one gets an opportunity to see an international rugby match of this caliber. Plus, one of my old teammates may be flying in from TN to go to the matches as well so I'd be able to hang out with her. And I could finally see the haka live.

What to do?

This moment of confusion was brought to you by the letter C and the number 10

10 Comments:

At April 07, 2006 1:00 PM, Blogger Meghan said...

Haka. HAKA!! Go for the haka!! You can always hash. The haka and the men with the beautiful legs...

 
At April 07, 2006 1:15 PM, Blogger dayoldfish said...

bail on COTEX, watch Rugby. COTEX won't be fun anyways, because I'm not going. Go to Colorado Invihational instead, it will be fun, of course I will be in attendance. And I say 80's music through the halld of the hotel at 4 am. You in?

 
At April 07, 2006 1:23 PM, Blogger Spotty said...

You know my answer...CoTex!! It is always so much fun! I cannot begin to tell you...last year we did shower singing - all Queen hits! I may have a spot for you in my cabin.....

 
At April 07, 2006 2:18 PM, Blogger Gagger said...

That's a tough one. Seems like a once in a lifetime thing and CoTex will always be around, right? Never even heard of the haka...that clip was pretty cool!

Although, I will be rooming with Wet Spot should you choose to hash. :)

 
At April 07, 2006 2:32 PM, Blogger Barbara said...

Mmmmmm Rugby men are pretty hot..assuming they still have all their teeth:)

 
At April 07, 2006 3:04 PM, Blogger BH said...

Melon - I think you're right.

Fishy - I would normally say I'M IN without hesitation. However, I'll be at Burning Man that weekend so won't be able to join you. :-( No fair. Maybe you can come to the Iguanas hash which will be happening sometime in June?

Spotty - thanks darlin.

Gagger - can you imagine standing 10 feet from them while they do that? How kick ass!

 
At April 07, 2006 6:00 PM, Blogger brownie said...

Unless you're actually playing rugby, go to CoTex. Spectating is for pussies.

Besides, we need all the votes we can get for South Park!

 
At April 09, 2006 8:57 AM, Blogger Glib Gal said...

Rugby men with accents vs. Hashers with drunken slurs. Which would you rather show your Brazilian to?

 
At April 10, 2006 1:50 PM, Blogger BH said...

Glib - you always know how to put things in perspective. Rugby here I come!

 
At April 10, 2006 3:22 PM, Blogger Jimmy said...

Women actually play rugby??? Wow! I've known a couple who played football (the American flavor of course) and there was even a woman who wrestled in high school...but rugby? Wow! I'm impressed!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home