Monday, April 03, 2006

Positive Energy

I had a fabulous weekend at the beach burn. Left work at noon on Friday. Had to run home to grab a raincoat and the plug for my cooler (kinda important). Met up with Penguin, Promise, Deelicious and Gerbil in South SF and we caravaned to the beach. It was pouring rain the entire time. Helped folks set up tents since I would be staying in PF's trailer. Gerbil went out to the beach and did his "Go-away rain dance" which happened to work. The sky eventually cleared and it turned into a gorgeous evening. Also helped the Spike's Vampire crew set up the Den of Iniquity. Ended up spending a lot of time in there over the weekend because the people rocked and the music was much more my style. They have said they are kidnapping me and I must camp with them at Burning Man. We shall see - I'm rather tempted! Spun a little fire that night which I shouldn't have done since I'd been drinking. I really couldn't find the flow so eventually gave up the ghost.

Saturday was absolutely GORGEOUS. Blue sky, bright sun - what more could you ask for? PF and I went into town to grab some breakfast. Also dropped off a bookcase for GAS and picked up some propane. Hung out on the beach catching some rays in the afternoon. Ended up heading back into town as some folks were jonesing for McDonald's. Headed back to the beach and took a shower. Ended up missing a fizz ball turn as they did it when I was in the shower. Broke out my new kick-ass fire pants which I love! Muse gave me the first hat she ever made for the playa which kicks ass! Sunset was spent on the beach with Boy Chaos, Diter, The Muse and Jason. Oh, and my bottle of 16 year old Lagavulin. Can life get any better?

That night some folks had brought some bondage rope and had offered to do a corset. They ended up leaving so promised to do it next time. I've never had that done before so Boy Chaos offered to help out. He hadn't brought any of his own rope, but we managed to borrow some from different folks and he made a pretty kick ass corset. It was a really fun and eye-opening experience. BC was great and made me feel pretty comfortable. Yes, I was still blushing most of the time though. It is me after all. I think someone got photos so I will try and post them for HNT. Boy Chaos promised to bring his rope next time so he could do it properly.

Hung out with the vamps for most of the evening. Didn't get to bed until around 7am or so. Only slept for a couple hours and then we were back on the beach dancing and hanging out. Chazz was kind enough to take my external hard drive to copy all his music onto for me. I can't wait! Matt was a sweetheart and brought me a diet coke which I would have given my right arm for at that point. Helped to tear down the Den of Iniquity. I resolved to not leave the beach with my non-potable beer so Boy Chaos broke out the Fizz Ball bat and we had another game. It is so much fun! Later as we were hanging out I got in trouble and was punished by getting Mount Gay Rum added to my Diet Coke. That stuff is NASTY! Funny as all hell to talk about though.

After hanging out a bit more, the rain moved in and I eventually made my way home in the late afternoon. As I laid on my couch before passing out from exhaustion, I reflected a bit on the weekend. These people that I spent the weekend with (for my 3rd beach burn) are simply amazing. There is so much love that abounds from them. Everyone is so welcoming, so giving and so kind. You get introduced to someone and instead of shaking hands, they hug you. They are so open and honest with their feelings and accepting of others. It's so incredibly different from how I have spent the majority of my life. It makes me feel like I've wasted a bit of it. Here are the folks that some would refer to as hippies or ravers or druggies and the like, yet they have been some of the kindest people I have ever met. People who would give you the shirts off their back and not think twice about it. I find myself looking forward more and more to spending time with them. People at work today have mentioned that I seem to be "glowing" today. I think all the positive energy from the weekend is still with me.

They have also opened me up to a whole new world and have made me start to explore myself. I mean, can you imagine me of all people being willing to have someone tie a corset of rope on me? Me being comfortable walking around in just my fire pants and a rope corset? Me getting conned into going to Bondage A Go Go this Wednesday night? No, I'm not turning into some S&M "freak" as y'all are thinking, but it is fun to explore and just see what is out there.

It's all new and exciting and I'm having a lot of fun. I can't wait for more!

This moment of self-exploration is brought to you by the letter R and the number 3.

3 Comments:

At April 03, 2006 6:30 PM, Blogger Barbara said...

Sounds like a very yummy weekend! I'm envious

 
At April 04, 2006 9:32 AM, Blogger MB said...

I had a friend here locally invite me to hang out with some "Vampires." I was like, uhhh, sounds like a goth geek club. But the more I hear about it, the more it sounds like a kind of cool sub culture thingy. I might have to check it out.

 
At April 04, 2006 12:04 PM, Blogger BH said...

Trojan - it was great. Let me know if you can ever come join us one weekend.

MB - you should check it out. Let me know what you think!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home