Monday, March 27, 2006

Good Times

Though I didn't make it to Texas Interhash this weekend, I still managed to muddle through and have a great time. Friday night I met Scrummy, Menage and Naddy at Dos Pinas for some mexican food and $2 Coronas. Nice! Then we went to The Strokes concert. It pretty much kicked ass. We started out on the elevated area to the side by the first stairway. Far too many people being far too rude caused us to just head to the back of the venue where you could still see, had room to dance and didn't have people shoving into you constantly. Good times, good times. Oh, and Murray - Eagles of Death Metal were pretty damn good. How the heck do you know about them?

Saturday I spent some time unpacking things in the apartment. It's starting to resemble a home a bit more. Part of my problem is I need to buy some book shelves. That would help a lot. C'est la vie. It'll happen eventually. Spent about an hour and a half on the phone having an entertaining conversation with E. Ended up falling asleep for a bit and of course woke up late. Oops.

Called E and told him I was running behind in getting down to Los Gatos. We eventually met up at CB Hannigans and had some awesome cask-strength Laphroig 10 year old single-malt. Mmmm mmmm good. Grabbed a bite to eat and then started a bit of a pub crawl. Ended up at the Black Watch because where else are you going to end up in Los Gatos? Our timing was perfect as we grabbed the last two stools at the bar and then the place got packed. It was hilarious people watching and we had some great conversations throughout the evening. Let me preface this next story by saying that E has long hair. A group of folks celebrating a birthday came in. They were pretty hammered. We were chatting with one of them for a bit. About 5 minutes later the same girl comes over and says, "Ladies, let me tell you a story." I almost fell off my stool laughing. Anyway, I thought we were just hanging out and was excited to get to know someone knew. It turned into a little bit more than that which was pleasantly unexpected. We hung out for a bit at PF's place and then he headed home and I just crashed there as she was kind enough to let me use her place while out of town. I don't really know what's going on, but it's really fun getting to know him.

Sunday I had a Burning Man camp prep-day. We were making pillows and cushions for our chill space. It was a good time. That night I tried to do laundry, but the neighbors were doing it so no such luck. Stayed up far too late watching a rerun (of all things) of Grey's Anatomy. Did make it to the gym this morning though!

Today I got conned into signing up for another poi class that starts tonight. When I get home I need to do some serious laundry and clean my bathroom.

The point of all this? Well, there really isn't one. Just that I had a great weekend and can't wait for the next one!

This pointless ramble was brought to you by the lette A and the number 3.

2 Comments:

At March 28, 2006 9:14 AM, Blogger dayoldfish said...

best time ever, should have been in Texas. Well not best time ever, but almost as fun as Tex/Mex

 
At March 29, 2006 2:33 AM, Blogger Murray said...

Just lucky, I guess. You can get their old album on iTunes if you want, and their new album is out this week (if it isn't already). AND they'll be at the Black Cat in D.C. the week after I get back. What luck!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home