Tuesday, April 04, 2006

Precious

Received a call last night from a friend that her father had a heart attack and is in the hospital. She was obviously distraught and scared. He seems to be doing pretty well this morning which is good news. Please keep him and his family in your prayers/thoughts/whatever you do.

As always, situations like these remind me just how short and precious life really is. I know, you wouldn't think a girl who has lost her grandparents and both of her parents would need reminding, but I do. It's so easy to get caught up in the day-to-day stresses of life. We make time to do that extra bit of work at the office, but not to call our friends with whom we are falling out of touch. We will get up early to make a meeting, but not to take care of ourselves and make it to the gym.

Life's too short folks. Work to live, don't live to work. Remember there are far more important things in life. Tell those you care about that you are thinking of them on a regular basis. Don't let time pass...or one day it will be too late. Make the time now for others. Make the time now for yourself. No one else is going to do it for you.

This moment of clarity was brought to you by the letter P and the number 4.

5 Comments:

At April 04, 2006 7:47 PM, Blogger Fame said...

My father lost his mom when he was 12. I worry daily that he will pass he is 69 now. He always tells me that he had his mom for 12 years and is grateful, I have had him for 30 I should be more grateful. This sticks in my head daily. His view on death. I know it may not bring comfort but it's another way of thinking about our time on earth and that of our loved ones. It's not the amount it's the quality. I will pray for your friend and you.

 
At April 05, 2006 6:59 AM, Blogger MB said...

You know where I stand on this right now.

 
At April 05, 2006 10:38 AM, Blogger Spotty said...

Some wonderful Houston hashers lost their premature baby son last week. They seemed pretty blessed to have had 65 days with him. wow, what strong positive people. I have never had to deal with that and not sure how I will cope when having to deal with death of a close one. It sure makes you think about what is truly important in life...people. (oh, and beer...)

 
At April 05, 2006 1:43 PM, Blogger Barbara said...

BH..I lost my mom 2 1/2 years ago...you never get over it. life is so very short.

 
At April 05, 2006 3:35 PM, Blogger BH said...

Fame - thank you. Know that you will get through it. It just takes time and allowing yourself to have the tears that you need to shed.

MB - yes, I do. *hugs*

Spotty - I heard about that. They have been in my prayers.

Trojan - Nope, you never get over it. And to be honest, I don't want to. But you do eventually start to get through it.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home