Friday, February 03, 2006

Turning a Century

I thought I should have something momentous for my 100th post. You know, some work of genius, something awe inspiring, something worthy of being number 100.

I thought and thought and then thought some more. What did I realize? I've got nothin'. Well, nothin' except feeling the need to move my HNT photo on down the blog so it doesn't stare anyone in the face as they open my blog. Instead, I decided to make this a tribute to my non-lurking readers. Here's to all of you. Apologies if I have leave anyone off - it is not intentional.

To my readers, in no particular order:

First, to all of you - many thanks for your kind words on my 'When Do You Give Up?' posting. You all were so kind I feel badly for teasing you that y'all didn't get my sarcasm. That's the problem with blogs - no intonation. I'm really not the sad bastard I portrayed in that post (well, most of the time anyway). It was more tongue-in-cheek than anything. However, I will definitely be trying the Knob Creek!

To Scrummy - my friend, my hero, my prop. Front Row Union forever baby! Thanks to Scrum being the goddess she is and burning a CD of fire spinning music for me, I was able to perform in my dance class last night. I saw her Tuesday night and mentioned that since I'd been sick I hadn't even picked a song, let alone practice with my poi. She shows up Wednesday night before my fire class and hands me a CD she had burned for me. Thanks darlin for being you and always knowing the right thing to say.

To Glib - my source of world news. How else would I have discovered the joys of China News Daily? A smart girl with a hilarious outlook on life.

To Monkey O - no longer an unidentified person behind a computer. Your wit continually makes me laugh, your photography continually leaves me in awe and your writing continually impresses. I can't wait to read the completed novel!

To MB - what can I say about this guy? My buddy, my drinking partner, my drunk dialer. The only guy I've loaned my Catholic School Girl outfit. A unique perspective on life. Thanks for the drunken silly conversations and the sober/sometimes drunk serious philosophical conversations.

To Trojan - new on the scene and I've never even met her in real life. So willing to help someone she doesn't even know, someone who has worked hard for what she wants and obtained it, someone whose confidence seems to radiate to others. Thanks for joining the crew.

To Peanut - you rock like pop rocks girl and you know it! There's so much I could say about this girl. To make the Reader's Digest version - I love ya!

To S - Where the hell have you been? No comments from you for ages! You're like a chick man - you get a significant other and fall off the radar screen. What gives? Seriously (or more seriously), a guy whose heart is in the right place and is working hard on something we all should be - figuring himself out. Hope to see you again soon.

To Spotty - This chick rocks! Funny, kind, smart and beautiful. Thanks for always bringing a smile to my face.

To @ssG - A woman who travels with dice. What more could you ask for? You never know when those 3man games are going to pop-up. Always someone to invite to a party!

To DayOld - My fellow 80s music lover, an unknowing utilizer of the POK (Pass Out Kit) and he wears the Bay Area 2007 InterAm bid t-shirt. How could I not like this guy?

And finally To Buzz - a cool cat I can only hope to meet and share a beer with one day. Someone who forces me to look at myself as others see me instead of how I do. Always quick to bring a smile or offer a kind word. A man's man who just happens to be a label whore. ;-) This could be the start of a beautiful friendship.

This tribute was brought to you by the letter F and the number 100.

9 Comments:

At February 03, 2006 11:54 AM, Blogger babyG said...

ok, looks like I need to get on that list so until we meet I will be commenting in your next 100 posts

 
At February 03, 2006 12:37 PM, Blogger Barbara said...

Awe...that was really cool. Thanks darlin!

 
At February 03, 2006 1:02 PM, Blogger Spotty said...

awww,,,thanks for mentioning me!! Congrats on 1000!

 
At February 04, 2006 2:03 PM, Blogger dayoldfish said...

that bay area shirt is one of my 3 favorite hash shirts, so it rocks, kind of like you guys

 
At February 05, 2006 8:17 PM, Blogger MB said...

That was nice BH thanks. I'm sorry I didn't get to drunk-dial you Saturday night. My phone went dead.

I'm not drinking anymore (tonight)

 
At February 06, 2006 6:51 AM, Blogger Gagger said...

Happy 100! Thanks BH. So when are we gonna roll the dice again?

 
At February 06, 2006 10:27 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

i love you too!!

thanks for including me in your 100th!

:)

 
At February 06, 2006 10:54 AM, Blogger Buzz said...

Thank you maam

 
At February 08, 2006 5:40 PM, Blogger monkey 0 said...

thx, bh, you're for real. (and I can say that with a degree of certainty now.) the novel will be a while, but it will be... I'll be posting some deleted scenes on the blog sooner or later, as I chop my way through to a second draft.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home