Monday, January 30, 2006

Woe is me

Felt the need to add one more tale of woe to my blog. Yours truly, in addition to being dissed by the guy and having the Pearl Rabbit die, now has a head cold. The lovely sore throat and congestion that creates massive pressure in the ears. Loving life right now. Friday night made it to my Belly Dance class and then went home to bed. Saturday I hardly moved off the couch at all. Yesterday met some friends for dim sum, stopped by the hardware store for some fire poi makings and then washed my car at home. Thought I was going to collapse when I finished. Slept like garbage last night and work is not helping matters. Anyone have some decongestants they care to share?

I promise my next post will be much more positive!

This moment of self-pity was brought to you by the letter C and the number 9.

4 Comments:

At January 30, 2006 1:15 PM, Blogger monkey 0 said...

decongestants are a wonderful idea but I think for right now they're just selling placebos and waiting for science to catch up with their marketing, and so far, it hasn't... at least, they never work for me once I'm sick enough to actually seek them out.

if you don't survive long enough to make it to Sheherezade tomorrow night, I'll know why.

(although if you -do- survive long enough, and you -do- go, you'll have to find me, b/c I've never seen photographic evidence of your existence.)

 
At January 30, 2006 1:44 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I don't have any decongestion medicine, but I have some that coats, soathes and relieves.

Let me know if I can be of service.

 
At January 30, 2006 2:48 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

anonymous... come on. the lady has a head cold. that means she can't breathe through her nose, okay? I mean, I can't speak to the validity or appropriateness of your proposal in any other way, but there are basic issues of ventilation which you've got to take into account here.

-other anon.

 
At January 31, 2006 10:50 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I do see your point other anon, what if there were "breathing breaks" in between? Would this be an acceptable alternative?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home