Tuesday, January 24, 2006

Taco Taco (Tex-Mex Endings)

Sunday around 11:30 Panty Free came and knocked on my door. That's what actually woke me up that morning. Guess I was in need of some serious sleep! The asshole trail started at 1pm so time was killed by chatting with Drymple, having a bloody mary, watching some football, etc. Oh, and butt scrabble! How could I forget butt scrabble? Brought a tear to this Iguana Hasher's eye. Too bad I didn't have a camera. Nothing like waking up and watching people getting their butts painted with markers and then having them pose for pictures in front of the hot tub. A few of us finally decided to head over to Jack in the Crack (noticing a theme for the weekend?) for some breakfast. As we walking over we watched the assholes take off. Suckers! We had every intention of doing the 1/2 asshole trail. However, as we were sitting there eating our french fries we watched that lot set off too. Oops!

Spent the afternoon hanging out watching football and chatting with Drymple. That boy is a doll! If you ever get a chance to hang out with him, definitely do. He's got some great stories from when he was living overseas. A group tried to go to a strip club for Stud's and Spotty's birthday. Apparently this place lost their liquor license so it's now BYOB. I opted out since 1. I have boobs of my own and 2. the girls who dance during the day generally aren't that good. It was hilarious watching the group wander off rolling a cooler full of beer though!

Folks finally came back and we had a game of 3man going. At some point we did circle. Some smartass comment of mine ended up causing me to be beer bitch for the circle. That'll teach me! We resumed our game of 3man which as I recall started the rule of having to kiss someone. We were interrupted by dinner, but quickly found ourselves playing 3man again. It was getting pretty sloppy at the end. I think it was summed up best by Royal after we had to kiss again for some rule - "I just slipped you the tongue. Damnit BH, I'm sorry, I'm getting drunk." As if he was the only one? Somewhere in there someone whose name I can't remember brought us a bottle of tequila. So now we're not only playing 3man with beer, tequila joins the lot. Uh oh. Oh wait, and all the freaking Apple Pie shots. Yummy, but evil!

At some point we decide to hit the hot tub. I was scared to be the catalyst again, but I think my short duration in the hot tub stopped that from happening. At some point the naked hash went by pumping Hall & Oats out of a boom box carried by 69 Virgins. That was hilarious! Had a great chat with Scrummy while in there (thanks love!). After she got out, some drunken eejit came over and was talking to me at the prompting of others who shall rename nameless. It started out fine, but then because I was far more sober than the guy (which isn't saying much for the record ), the conversation eventually somehow turned into this whole I'm the asshole because I hold people to a higher standard and should lower myself to the common people's ground, etc etc to the point it was becoming downright rude. I pretty much decided that was my exit cue. At that point Scrummy and Stud came down and they were heading to Jack in the Crack for monster tacos. They said they'd wait for me. Sweet! I was tired of putting up with stupid bullshit. So I went to my room to change. Ran into Panty Free outside my room. We had a nice chat because yours truly was a little drunk and somehow ended up in beer tears because of the whole hot tub incident, being overtired, being drunk, etc. Actually, probably more tequila tears. Damn tequila! Anyway, we all headed out for some monster tacos.

The fates were against us as it was closed. Well, the lobby was closed. The drive thru was open, but they wouldn't take our order. We ended up at 711 of all places. Stud and Panty were eating the hot dogs that had been on the stand all day and were charred right off the stand. That was impressive. I think I ended up with a burrito and we all got some nachos. I think we ran the cheese machine dry. We headed back to the hotel and the couples went their merry way. I stopped back by the hot tub to chat to some folks. Ended up having a great trip down memory lane with Day Old Fish and Wet Spot. We were singing all these old 80s tunes. It was fabulous! Private Eyes, Man-Eater, Smooth Operator, etc. RC you would have been having a field day! A great way to end the night.

Went up to take a hot shower (I learned from the last hot tub mistake) and go to bed. My Friday night visitor showed up and asked if he could crash as his roommate was passed out and the hotel only gives out one key. I said it was fine as long he didn't want to talk and just wanted to go to sleep as I was exhausted. Best laid plans. Talky-talky-talky. They say women can talk? Not so! I finally just stopped responding which then turned into an argument. So ridiculous. So it was about 5:30am again when I got to sleep. Up around 9:30 and started packing up.

A short trail led to Lucy's where we had breakfast. Panty Free and I then hung out with folks at the hotel trying to hydrate until Dinghy took us to the airport again. He played the lovely El Paso song for us and told us about the conversations he'd had with other folks on the way to the airport. Ran into Drymple who was asleep in one of the chairs. After taking a photo of him asleep, we wandered on and got food. Then we came back and fed him and hung out til we had to get on the plane. Made it back to San Jose and hung out a bit at PF's house. Hey, at that point it takes ome mental preparation to drive home. Made it home and after saying hi to my roomie I crashed out.

All in all a good weekend. My skin still has scabs on it from that damn hot tub! It was great meeting new folks and seeing some old friends. For the most part, everyone rocked. Then again, to the few assholes that were there (and you know who you are) - get over yourselves. You're not all that. You were cute until your personality ruined it for you. In the words of a Silicone Valley hasher: "The great thing about the hash is anyone can come. The bad thing about the hash is anyone can come." Would I do Tex-Mex again? Absolutely!

This happy trails moment was brought to you by the letter E and the number 6.

6 Comments:

At January 25, 2006 1:25 PM, Blogger Spotty said...

BH...you HAVE, HAVE, HAVE to come to Texas Interhash. We need your help for the "Bad 80's song hash".....and why does everyone keep saying we were naked during the Hall & Oats tour? I don't think anyone was...I was a good little wet spot and didn't get naked all weekend.

 
At January 26, 2006 11:40 AM, Blogger BH said...

That's the weekend after Betty Ford so I don't think I'm going to be able to swing it. Can you resurrect it at CoTex because I might be able to make that one?

 
At January 26, 2006 8:30 PM, Blogger dayoldfish said...

I think I decided tonight I am going to loop Safety Dance over and over again for Texas Interhash. And we were clothed during the Hall and Oats tour.

 
At January 27, 2006 6:33 AM, Blogger Gagger said...

No! Not the Safety Dance! Horrible memories from 6th grade appear when I hear that song.

 
At January 27, 2006 9:03 AM, Blogger BH said...

Hmmm...maybe it was just 69 Virgins who told me y'all were naked. I had consumed (3 man rules still apply?) a LOT of tequila at that point. Everyone looked naked with my tequila x-ray vision.

Awwwww man, I'm missing the Safety Dance?!?!? Day it ain't so!

 
At January 27, 2006 2:28 PM, Blogger MB said...

S,S,S,S,,A,A,A,A,F,F,F,F,E,E,E,E,T,T,T,T,T,Y,Y,Y,Y,SAFETY,SAFETY,SAFETY,SAFETY,DANCE,DANCE,DANCE,DANCE.

do do deet deet do do da deet da deet.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home