Tuesday, January 31, 2006

Stuart Smalley

In the midst of my self-pity about the head cold from hell that I'm battling (and losing) right now, I have been trying to remind myself of all the good things I have going in my life. To that end, here's the list:

1. New Zealand. I finally sent in my completed Application for Residency last week. That's right, the FBI finally came through and sent me my identification report (thanks!) and I got all my medical stuff done. I never knew it could take so long to stamp "No record" on my fingerprints and send them back. Yes, I know you're all surprised, but I'm a good girl I am! It's now out of my hands for a few months while they process it. Of course, that means I actually need to start job hunting, but that is a positive thing.

2. I finally bit the bullet and decided to have Wavefront Lasik surgery done. My surgery is scheduled for February 17th. I've wanted to do it for ages, but always wanted to know the long term effects, etc. Extra motivation came from positive thing number 4 below as I don't want to deal with contacts or glasses on the playa. The procedure is actually pretty cool and if you want to read about it you can do so here.

3. Spinning poi. I'm in the middle of taking two classes right now. I took Beginner Moves end of last year which teaches you all the various moves. I'm now taking Beginner Dance which shows you how to string those moves together. I'm also taking Beginner Fire. Last week's class was a safety lecture. This week we will be building our fire poi. Next Wednesday I get to light up for the first time. YEA!!!! I'm so stoked!

4. Burning Man. I finally decided to go this year for the first time ever. I'm pretty excited about. Bought some great fake fur to make a coat and some furry chaps. Plus I'll be spinning fire so will be able to burn at Burning Man! I've met some really great folks through the Burning Man community and can't wait to experience it first hand.

5. Scrummy conned me into taking a Belly Dancing class. It has actually been a lot of fun. Hard work, but fun! It's great to see the progress (however small) that you make week to week.

6. I'm going to Monkey O's play tonight with Scrummy. My first meeting of someone from blogland...other than hashers of course.

7. I have a wonderful little niece who is 14 months old and her mom is pregnant again. She's about 8 weeks along so it's still to early to tell, but hopefully this one will work. (she had a miscarriage a couple months ago)

8. I have anonymous commenters arguing on my blog as to whether I can still give a blowjob while having a head cold which is entertaining as all hell!

9. The Violent Femmes are coming back in town. Since I'm friends with their sound guy I get to see the show for free and hang out with them. Can't wait to see them again!

10. I'm good enough, smart enough and gosh darn it, people like me.

This Stuart Smalley moment was brought to you by the letter S and the number 10.

4 Comments:

At January 31, 2006 3:23 PM, Blogger Spotty said...

I wanna see the Violent Femmes...whoo hoo!!

Hey girl...I had Wavefront (very cool!) PRK (cause i was in a study and got a discount) so if you have any questions, let me know. I'm still having trouble seeing at night to drive but it's only been 5 months so hopefully I'm still healing.

I always wanted to go to Burning Man..when is it?

 
At February 01, 2006 9:39 AM, Blogger BH said...

Burning Man is August 28 - Sept 4th. You should totally come!!! http://burningman.com

 
At February 02, 2006 2:01 PM, Blogger Gagger said...

Oh my! I haven't seen the Violent Femmes since high school. Sad days though since Liberty Lunch is no longer there. Was a great live music venue back in the day....

 
At February 06, 2006 10:21 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

tell bri I say hey

 

Post a Comment

<< Home