Thursday, January 19, 2006

Tex-Mex Beginnings

Well, I'm still trying to recover from the long weekend in El Paso. It is a sure sign you are getting old when staying up two nights until 5:30am and the other until 3:30am causes you to be useless for days on end. Buzz, I think I'm going to have to try that liver cleanse...as soon as I don't have a roommate anymore. I wouldn't wish that on anyone.

What my foggy brain can recall:
Thursday night prelube at PF's house with multi-layer jello shots. This girl really knows how to go all out! Getting up at some ungodly hour to make a 6:30am flight. Little Dinghy met us at the airport and took us back to the Mesa Inn. Side note - this man is a rockstar! He spent his entire weekend carting our drunk asses around. Hats off to you Dinghy!

The Mesa Inn is the ultimate hash hotel. At one time this place was amazing! Unfortunately, they haven't really done anything with it since then. As we were checking in, the guy behind the counter said in an apologetic tone, "That will be $82.75." No dear readers, that was not for one night. That was the total for all three nights. And he was apologizing to us as if that was such an exhorbinate rate. As PF said, "Dude, that was dinner last night." We promptly threw our bags in our rooms and went off in search of some lunch. Came across a group playing 3man, but our stomachs won and we headed to Lucy's for some damn fine eats. Came back and had a nice nappy-nap and then a shower. Met some cool folks down by the beer including Royal Flush, Stud Muffin, Rainblow Not So Bright, Face Down and Spread 'Em, C 'Em Cumming, BATT, 69 Virgins, Ass Gagger, etc. Dear old Opie was there as well. Great seeing him again! Especially when he had some nice whiskey for me. I promise mate, next time I'm bringing some for you! After feeding us it was time for the kilt run.

Dressed in our finest Catholic School girl outfits we headed off to a pub. After hanging out there and doing some singing we were off to Bombadiers. This place rocks! However, before we go into the antics there, I think it's important to mention how I got there. There was some definite autohashing going on by folks, but the truck was full by the time I rolled up. I kept walking and came upon a news crew. They started asking questions and so I stopped to chat. Next thing I know the reporter offered to give me a lift up to Bombadiers. Sweet! So I roll into Bombadiers in a Mustang convertible. Really nice Clark. An attempt at circle was made...twice...at Bombadiers. Somehow ended up in the back of a truck back to the Mesa Inn.

The hot tub was apparently calling everyone's name. Here's where the night gets interesting. I always say that I learn so much at hash weekends. Well, this past hash weekend I learned that I am a catalyst. That's right, I am the catalyst to everyone else getting laid in the hot tub. If any of you listened to the podcast #49 Scrum and I did, you'll recall the bit about my friends getting laid and not me. Well, the same holds true in a hot tub ladies and gents. All of a sudden to my right, someone (names have been omitted to protect the not-so-innocent) is eating a girl out. About 10 minutes later they are having sex in the hot tub (someone check in about 9 months from now would you? A new hasher may be born). A bit later another couple to my left starts having sex. Then the folks across from me. Jesus people! I know you're drunk, but that doesn't make you invisible! The rest of us can still see you! Anyway, since everyone was getting a Tex-Mex name, my new Tex-Mex hash name is: Hot Tub Cupid.

Once all the sex stopped, or folks at least decided to take it to a room, I got back in the hot tub. Ended up being in there far too late and eventually realized I was turning into a prune. Managed to drag my ass out and head up to bed. Ended up chatting with someone until about 5:30 in the morning when we finally crashed out. Ouch!

More details on the rest of the weekend later. Apologies to anyone whose name I forgot. You're welcome to those whose name I omitted on purpose.

This was brought to you by the letters H and T and the number 110.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home