Friday, January 20, 2006

Borderline (Tex-Mex Part 2)

I last left you with the fact that I got to sleep about 5:30 in the morning. About 8:30 that morning I am woken by the sounds of Gwen Stefani's Hollaback Girl. "WTF is that?!" Oops, that'd be my phone. Scrummy, who I normally love but at that moment wanted to kill, was calling to go get some breakfast. After a few more minutes of snuggling I got my sorry ass up and ventured into the light of day. We headed down to breakfast which consisted of some french toast. Unfortunately neither of us are much of a french toast person so we ended up hitting Jack in the Crack for breakfast. We did end up having a nice chat and learned that I had fallen for the same lines from the same person that Scrummy had the year before. Oh, and this guy still has a girlfriend. Loving it! Luckily in my case all we did was cuddle. Not even a snog. Guys, seriously, do you think we don't talk? Get some new material! Honestly! By the time we got back we only had a little bit of time to change for the run. That meant I didn't have time to shower off all the chlorine and chemicals from my legs.

When they advertise Tex-Mex they tell you the hotel has the largest hot tub. That part is true. What they fail to tell you is that they need to resurface that bastard. You end up with scratches all over your body from sitting in the damn thing. It's like a cheese grater. Let's put this in perspective - you're in a hot tub full of chemicals, the climate is very dry so you have dry skin AND you have scratches all over your body. Not a good combination. My legs were killing me while waiting for the U-haul to come back and take us near the border. What is it with hashes and using U-hauls for transportation? I digress. I borrowed some lotion from sweet hasher and my legs just started burning. I dashed to the room, washed my legs off and found some nice lotion to put on. Ahhhh...much better.

After another thrilling ride in the back of a U-haul (though I must say it was a lot nice than the trip at NC/SC because it wasn't Africa hot) we land near the Greyhound station. A quick chalk-talk and we're off. We crossed the border into Juarez, Mexico. Life in a border town...not too hot. After what seemed an eternity we got to the first beer check. Unfortunately the hashers who had gotten there before us had drank all the beer and the water. We kept going to number 2 which was not far from number 1. Okay, trail is looking up! We walk in and a nice man hands me a freshly opened Corona. I'll take it! Somewhere in here Stud Muffin and Royal Flush purchase some Spider Man outfits. Maybe outfit isn't the right word. Face and head coverings with a cape coming off the back. Those with Panty Free's fly glasses was a stunning combination...kinda.

After a bit we head off again into the wilds of Juarez. What seemed like 5 miles later we came to beer check number 3. This place rocked! We were outside in this huge courtyard. The beers were being kept cold in the fountain, the chips and salsa were flowing and the mariachi band was playing. We should have just gone directly there and wiled away the afternoon! The weather turned colder and we decided to head on again. Not even a block away we were distracted by a sex shop. Word of advice - NEVER go into a sex shop with hashers. I need to take my eyeballs out and scrub them in sand to get rid of those visuals. We eventually kept moving and I swear that border was more elusive than if I had been running from the Mexican police. We stopped for an alocohol purchase, but it was no cheaper than buying it in the States so why bother carrying it? Scrummy and I had to pee so badly we were seeing yellow everywhere. Of course there were no bathrooms. The worst part - the bit leading up to the border is lined with fountains...for blocks...literally. SO wrong. We eventually hit the checkpoint and see a bathroom sign. We go running in to find we have entered Mexican prison land - 3 toilets low to the ground with no stalls. You know what? I don't freaking care! After hovering for an eternity I washed my hands and was on my way.

Circle was in a park not far across the border. I'm sure it was hilarious, but I was pretty done at that point after an 8 mile trail. We eventually piled back into the U-Haul and made the trip back to the hotel. There we got some dinner and had a well earned shower. That night was the biker/leather party. The band rocked! Unfortunately since it was at the hotel, everyone thought they could come and go. There was no reason for people to stay so the turnout was a bit low. We eventually decided to hit King's X bar where you can get drunk for ridiculously cheap amounts. Scrummy, Panty Free, Royal, Butt Darts (?), Ram Pam and I started walking. We got distracted by Monster Tacos at Jack in the Crack. We also ended up learning all about Butt Dart's knowledge of sex toys. There was some cream he wanted us to try that would supposedly bring out our O face, but we declined until a later time. Finally hit the bar where it was nice to drink something other than beer. Several other hashers were in there as well.

The bar was a great time. Spider Man even put in an appearance. That was one of the funniest things I have seen in a LONG time. Apparently his Spidey senses were tingling and he just couldn't resist. It was really the web throwing gestures that put it over the top.

Eventually we wandered back to the hotel. Chatted with people by the hot tub for a bit and then called it a night. It was only 3:30am this time. Wow, sleep! On-On to Sunday.

This was brought to you by Spider Man and the numero uno.

10 Comments:

At January 20, 2006 2:00 PM, Blogger MB said...

I'm thinking the guy should stick to the same material next year. It's worked two years in a row.

 
At January 23, 2006 8:07 AM, Blogger Gagger said...

The hot tub chemicals turned the white parts of my bathing suit blue-green!

 
At January 24, 2006 8:38 AM, Blogger MB said...

Ironically enough, those kinds of chemicals can change a blue dress to a shade of white as well. At least spots of white anyway.

 
At January 24, 2006 12:39 PM, Blogger Spotty said...

My fingernails were green! thank g my hair did not turn green....I've had that happen.

 
At January 24, 2006 3:39 PM, Blogger BH said...

I need to find some serious silver polish for my ring. Made the mistake of wearing it in the hot tub that first night.

 
At January 25, 2006 11:07 AM, Blogger MB said...

Jesus Christ! Are all the Harriets this hot in Texas? I might have to make TexMex next year.

 
At January 25, 2006 8:30 PM, Blogger Gagger said...

Come to Texas Interhash and find out for yourself!

http://www.austinh3.org/txih2006.aspx

 
At January 26, 2006 4:26 PM, Blogger MB said...

Wow, that is quite the commitment to find out if TX Harriets are hot or not.

Can't you just take naked pictures of all the Harriets at Texas Interhash and e-mail them to me?

It seems much more efficient.

What? I think it's a great idea.

 
At January 27, 2006 6:35 AM, Blogger Gagger said...

Well, MB, you might be in luck. I am quite the picture ho. I took over 400 at Tex-Mex so maybe, just maybe I'll get some naked ones for you at the Interhash.

 
At January 27, 2006 2:42 PM, Blogger MB said...

I will try and get the same for you at my next Hash. We have lots and lots of young, virile males willing to help I'm sure.

Wait, most guys are like that, nevermind.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home