Wednesday, October 10, 2007

Off to Texas for Uncle Jack's Memorial




I leave at ass o'clock tomorrow morning for Texas. It's time for my Uncle Jack's memorial. It will be at his lake house in the middle of nowhere. It's gorgeous!

I think it's going to be a great weekend. A couple of my cousins, my brother and I are arriving early to organize and setup. We're going to take a break and go out fishing on Friday afternoon with my uncle's favorite guide. A lot of other family arrives Friday evening. I'm going to get to see a bunch of family and friends I haven't seen in years which will be nice. Why is it we wait until occasions like this to do such things? Crazy1

Our plan for the memorial is to keep it positive. Start with an opening prayer, read a poem or some quotes, then open it up for everyone to share their stories of Jack and then a closing prayer followed by lots of bbq and alcohol. Just the family will go out on the boat to spread the ashes. We're putting together a collage of photos as well. That has been a trip down memory lane! Yep, that's me in my awkward teenage years with glasses and braces with my mom, my brother (also in his awkward teenage years), my gram and Uncle Jack. I can't believe I was that tiny (or that I'm sharing that photo with y'all). Oh where does the time go?

Uncle Jack - gone, but never forgotten. I miss you.

This moment of peace was brought to you by the letter J and the number 68.

2 Comments:

At October 11, 2007 9:58 AM, Blogger Buzz said...

Good Luck Kiddo...

Hope things go well.

B.

 
At October 15, 2007 3:59 PM, Blogger Barbara said...

Did I miss you AGAIN in texas? I am sorry for your loss but hopefully you will enjoy being with family....it helped me last week.

Hugs and beers...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home