Tuesday, July 10, 2007

For Men Who Have Wondered




For any of you men who may have wondered why women go through phases of thinking men are assholes, perhaps what happened to me last night will shed a little light on the subject.

I met up with Allen, Jessie, Adam, Josh and Evan at Lucky 13 for a few beers last night. Around 9:30 or so we decide to run around the corner for some food. Allen and Jessie hit the taqueria. Adam and I went to Burgermeister because we both had a hankering (yes, I just used the word hankering) for burgers. We order and sit down by the window and the front door to wait, start having a nice conversation, etc.

There was a guy who was obviously drunk sitting at the counter also waiting for food. He had been staring at me ever since I entered. Fair enough, drunk guy staring, no biggie.

His order was ready before ours. As he was leaving, he was staring at me again. He starts to walk out the door, then suddenly stops and comes back in. He looks at me and says, "I'm drunk off my ass right now, but your tits are perfect." Then he gives me the thumbs-up and walks out the door.

Adam and I just sat there with our mouths hanging open. I couldn't even make a response to tell him to piss off. I was just in shock.

Perhaps it was the location that made it so awkward. It's one thing when it happens in a bar (still inappropriate, but you get used to it in that setting), but when you are just sitting there having a pleasant conversation waiting for a burger and someone says that? Holy inappropriate thing to say Batman! Uh, dude, we can hear you. That's your outside voice.

What is the thought process that leads someone to think that's an appropriate thing to say to someone?

For the record, yes, I know a number of you are going to say that to me the next time you see me. Sick bastards! :-)

This moment of shedding a little light was brought to you by the letter T and the number 2.

4 Comments:

At July 10, 2007 11:35 AM, Blogger Buzz said...

BH.

Boulder Holder, rather.

Dude was drunk, there is no filter, there is no disconnect between his thought process and his mouth.

Thought process? There is no thought process in a drunk mind other than:

"mmmm big boobies..."

I feel bad that you bore the brunt of that, though, hearing that in a burger joint probably isn't the most comfortable setting.

I mean heck your own screen name projects the fact (albeit subtly) that you've got a great rack, so comments like the one you recieved shouldn't be too far off your radar to feel surprised.

Perhaps it was just the dude, maybe he looked unsavoury, maybe he smelled a little, and that was what was most unsettling.

Two things that you cannot control:

1. The size of your boobies.
2. The comments made by other drunk people.

One thing you can control:

1. How you react. You could have mentioned his odor, his parole officer meeting, his knack for recognizing the obvious, etc.


-buzz

 
At July 10, 2007 7:58 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Just because a girl is a girl doesn't mean she needs to put up with a-hole comments. This kind of stuff pisses me off to no end...
http://hollabacknyc.blogspot.com/

 
At July 11, 2007 12:29 AM, Blogger BH said...

Had I been quick enough, what I should have said was, "And you are a perfect ass."

The thing is, there are 30 other ways he could have expressed the same sentiment that I would have been fine with. His delivery left a lot to be desired.

Yes, I have good breasts. I've finally come to appreciate that. It doesn't mean I need random drunk people I don't know saying my "tits are perfect."

 
At July 11, 2007 9:08 AM, Blogger dayoldfish said...

you had me at boobies

 

Post a Comment

<< Home