Tuesday, June 05, 2007

Every Little Thing

This past weekend I was up in Tahoe for the Valhalla Ren Faire. It was great to see so many familiar faces again. Thursday night I drove up after making a pit stop to see some dear friends in Woodland. I arrived a bit after midnight. Friday we started the build process. Unfortunately, we ended up being multiple people down for the weekend so it made for a long build day. Saturday morning was finishing the build process and putting out product. Around noon I was finally able to shower and put on garb. After that shower I felt like a whole new woman! Saturday night a group of us went out for some really bad Mexican food, but we were able to laugh our way through it. That night, Chris and I played with fire swords which was a blast. I can't believe he trusted me enough to do that, but it sure was fun until we got shut down by security.


Overall, the weekend was a lot of fun. It's always fun to work ale because I get to be as obnoxious as I want and people like to tip me for it. Yes, I realize they are tipping just because I have good boobs, but I'm okay with that. :-)


Tanya and I drove back late Sunday night. We were both cracked out of our minds and had several moments of laughing so hard we almost spit soda in the car and/or peed our pants. Too funny! Gotta love location comedy.

And now for something completely different....the larch.

Spoke to my brother last night. It turns out my uncle was back in the hospital this past weekend. He was having a lot of trouble breathing last week, but since he had an appointment with his pulmonologist on Friday, waited to drive up to Dallas to see him. By the time he arrived, he was barely able to breathe. Someone saw him in the parking lot and got him a wheelchair and took him up to the doctor. I guess he was sweating, panting and completely gray. At this point I guess he was 5 minutes late and the receptionist told him he had missed his appointment and would have to come back in 4 hours. He told her he needed to see the doctor now. She told him he was in a procedure. The nurse who had found him in the parking lot read this woman the riot act and told her to go get the doctor right away. He came out, took one look at him and said, "Take him to the ER and admit him RIGHT NOW!"

Apparently his diaretics (sp?) weren't working and he was essentially drowning. They kept him over the weekend and gave him some injectable diaretics. I think he lost something like 20 pounds of water weight during his stay. He's now back home and doing better. He told my brother that at one point he didn't think he was going to make it. Very scary, but now he knows what it feels like when it is starting and to not wait to get to the doctor when it begins.

I'm worried about him, especially now that my other uncle (his brother) died on my birthday. That means Uncle Jack is the only one left and I think that's hard on him.

In other news, I'm in the middle of an apartment hunt. Keep your fingers crossed I find a good place soon!


This moment of random blogging was brought to you by the letter A and the number 30.

2 Comments:

At June 05, 2007 12:36 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good boobs.....Nay, what about those socks??? I am drinking plenty o'the ale here in Germany, even had a small ren-faire in town this past wekend. Later!!

 
At June 06, 2007 12:43 PM, Blogger Buzz said...

What did you "build" o cryptic one?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home