Friday, April 27, 2007

Awwwww Yeah!!!


Some of you know that I went climbing for the first time about 6 months ago. It all started at Burning Man and climbing Thunderdome. Note to self - never climb in a short skirt and corset. Allen conned me into going to the climbing gym with him shortly after. It was a pretty frustrating time as the wall defeated me every single time. Didn't make it to the top of anything. Part of it was strength-to-weight ration, part of it was mental.

We went again last night. I conquered not just one, but TWO walls last night. It was awesome! I was totally doing a happy dance. Sure, they were the easiest walls there, but the point is I made it to the top! I did the first one and then moved up a level for the second. My final climb I tried to move up one more level. Not far into the climb there was one hold that just sucked. It kept throwing me for a loop and I had to start over multiple times. Allen gave me a suggestion for approaching it differently. It worked, but then shortly after I had nothing left in my hands and fell. After a brief rest I tried it one last time. From the previous climbs and the screw-ups on this one, I just didn't have the strength left to do it.

No worries though. Next time, that wall is mine!

Guess losing weight has helped a bit eh? :-)

This moment of happy dance was brought to you by the letter C and the number 2.

1 Comments:

At April 28, 2007 12:53 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

WORD! I totally get that way on the wall too - I get chicken at the top and freak out but nothing is better than making it! You feel like you can take on the world afterwards.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home